Claire and Tom Collaboration 'Pretty Flowers'. An original song.

Music Junkie

Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:33 pm

Tom:

Very beautiful song. Claire really did a wonderful job on this one. Then again, she always does. I am glad to see her performing again! You certainly have a way with words. I admire what you have done! B)

Jason

tombo1230

Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:45 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Tom:

Very beautiful song. Claire really did a wonderful job on this one. Then again, she always does. I am glad to see her performing again! You certainly have a way with words. I admire what you have done! B)

Jason
Thanks Jason that means a lot. Claire is singing at her very best these days I would say. :) She said that she really enjoyed doing this. Everybody likes a sad song. :)

Thanks for watching.

Tom N.

sandysue

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:02 pm

Wow Tom

You've written a really really pretty song, and Claire sings it so beautifully. I like the way you used your chorus to keep refocusing on the ultimate theme of the song, which is that he loves life, and he wonders if he will be missed when he is gone. . Awesome song. :) :)

Sandy

tombo1230

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:27 pm

sandysue wrote:
Wow Tom

You've written a really really pretty song, and Claire sings it so beautifully. I like the way you used your chorus to keep refocusing on the ultimate theme of the song, which is that he loves life, and he wonders if he will be missed when he is gone. . Awesome song. :) :)

Sandy
Thanks Sandy and thanks again for letting me use you as a sounding board for my ideas and for your encouragement and enthusiasm along the way. It was a big help.

I always thought it was a person dying, but was never really commited to whether it was a male or a female.
It's interesting you are in no doubt. That's the thing about songs, they can be very personal to the listener as well as the writer.

This song isn't based on anything or anyone, I just made it all up, trying to see a particular scenario through someone elses eyes. I was stuck for an idea at first, but when this came to me it was pretty easy really after that.

Once again Sandy thanks, I am glad you enjoyed the song and yes, Claire did an awesome job on it. :)

Tom N.

daryl

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:36 am

Like everyone has said, awesome job all around. But I have to ask....why didn't you play the guitar with Claire?

tombo1230

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:34 am

daryl wrote:
Like everyone has said, awesome job all around. But I have to ask....why didn't you play the guitar with Claire?
Hi Daryl,
it just felt right for her to do it all. She seemed to get into the song better. The writing and recording of the song was my part really.

I had originally thought of playing lead on it, but would have had to open up the song to do that, so decided against it in the end. It really works better on several levels I think, with a solo performer. I like to go with the flow.
Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:56 pm

Great job Tom and Claire! I was singing it on the way down to the bus just now so I guess its catchy!
Claire does a magnificent job blending her voice throughout the song. Well done on the whole creation Tom!
Always a treat to hear you guys.

tombo1230

Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:18 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Great job Tom and Claire! I was singing it on the way down to the bus just now so I guess its catchy!
Claire does a magnificent job blending her voice throughout the song. Well done on the whole creation Tom!
Always a treat to hear you guys.
Thanks Chris,
that's great feedback, I'm glad you liked it. :) I hope you're enjoying your latest purchase as much as we enjoyed making the song. :)

Tom N.

crieniecat

Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:59 am

Hi Tom and Claire,

Just stumbled upon your beautiful creation. Wow!
It was a pleasure listening to it. Beautiful voice, well played and great writing!! ;-)

Corina.

tombo1230

Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:32 pm

crieniecat wrote:
Hi Tom and Claire,

Just stumbled upon your beautiful creation. Wow!
It was a pleasure listening to it. Beautiful voice, well played and great writing!! ;-)

Corina.
Gosh thanks Corina I haven't listened to that tune since we recorded it, so it was nice to revisit it with a fresh eye. Claire and I are glad you liked it. Maybe it's time for me to write something else. Maybe you could send me one of your beautiful poems and I could turn it into a song?

plus.google.com/u/0/115360755785674603564/posts

plus.google.com/u/0/115360755785674603564/videos

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic