Nobody's Fault but Mine - Blues Version

buddy

Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:14 pm

Here is a blues version of Nobody's Fault But Mine. Had to slow my heart way down to get into the groove for this song. I added a little slide guitar as well to spice it up a little. Bud

coomba

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:27 pm

G'day Buddy
I Just watched this with my morning coffee, I liked it a lot.
Nice work
great voice.
Cheers Scott

buddy

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:10 pm

Hi Scott, Always good to hear from you, and glad you enjoyed this tune. Bud

cosmicmechanic

Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:39 am

Hey Buddy, it took me a while to give this upload the attention it deserves, but here I am.

To start, this is fine and dandy as is, musically and vocally I am impressed from here to the moon and hopefully with enough gas to get me back !
Good job !

The intro hit me reminiscent of Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine", but that's just a passing remark.

As usual, after throwing the flowers, now the pot ;)

I'm wondering if your sound mix is overly "buttery", to the point that a certain "edge" and personality in your voice might be lost ?
Maybe for the same reason, a loss of high notes in the recording ?
Then again, maybe it's YouTube's compression fault ?

Whatever the reason, the end result might be that your delivery could possibly be more gutsy and emotional, less contemplative, at some spots ?
I do understand it is a contemplative tune ... BUT ...

I am also still perplexed by your videos ... are you a heavy set guy or much thinner ? Depends on which video !
I'm not even sure I'd recognize you in person if you didn't have earphones dangling from your ears !

Please keep on trying, young man :)

Pierre

buddy

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:56 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Hey Buddy, it took me a while to give this upload the attention it deserves, but here I am.

To start, this is fine and dandy as is, musically and vocally I am impressed from here to the moon and hopefully with enough gas to get me back !
Good job !

The intro hit me reminiscent of Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine", but that's just a passing remark.

As usual, after throwing the flowers, now the pot ;)

I'm wondering if your sound mix is overly "buttery", to the point that a certain "edge" and personality in your voice might be lost ?
Maybe for the same reason, a loss of high notes in the recording ?
Then again, maybe it's YouTube's compression fault ?

Whatever the reason, the end result might be that your delivery could possibly be more gutsy and emotional, less contemplative, at some spots ?
I do understand it is a contemplative tune ... BUT ...

I am also still perplexed by your videos ... are you a heavy set guy or much thinner ? Depends on which video !
I'm not even sure I'd recognize you in person if you didn't have earphones dangling from your ears !

Please keep on trying, young man :)

Pierre
Pierre, Glad you enjoyed this rendition and thanks for the input. You Keep asking about my build so here is a picture for you to clear things up. I am the one on the right and my son is on the left.

Bud

cosmicmechanic

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:22 pm

buddy wrote:
... here is a picture for you to clear things up. I am the one on the right and my son is on the left.
buddy, thanks for being a good sport in response to my frivolous comment ...
I'll bet it was -30 Celsius here in Quebec when you guys posed for this photo down there in cowboy land :)

Pierre

tombo1230

Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:52 pm

This was a little different Buddy, but excellent! Don't have much to comment on really. I really liked the second guitar part using the slide, for me that made all the difference to the song.
vocals great. :)

Good job!

Tom N.

dekotaj

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:12 am

BRAVO Buddy.

Always enjoy watching you play and sing.

Kevin
May be something more up beat next time??

buddy

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:42 pm

No Problems Pierre, I have come to appreciate your unique sense of humor.

Bud

buddy

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:44 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
This was a little different Buddy, but excellent! Don't have much to comment on really. I really liked the second guitar part using the slide, for me that made all the difference to the song.
vocals great. :)

Good job!

Tom N.
Thanks much Tom and always good to hear from you !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic