QUESTION - a cover of the Moody Blues by Neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:12 pm

Shel was asking about who was playing songs in alternate tuning so here is Question - Moody Blues, in open C tuning.
Now I have the BSG, I keep my 25 year old Takamine 12 string in open C tuning. I am also tuned to A=432 Herz.
It is pretty much according to Neil's lesson except I may have not followed it on the "I'm looking for..." bit.
My voice has been a bit ropey lately as I have not been singing much so this is me trying to get back into the swing of things.
Uncut and unplugged.

daryl

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Fantastic! Well done all around. BTW why haven't you been singing lately?

willem

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Like Daryl, fantastic,, your hard work payed of,what a workout..

Where did you record it, this was a less acoustic place.

Fantastic Chris..

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks Daryl.Thanks Willem! Not singing? Just happened, rather didn't happen. By the way, (Willem) this is in the conservatory, with the candlestick and it was Colonel Mustard!:-)

Yeah, I know, I need a second mic for the vocal.

michelew

Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:12 pm

Unfortunately, I'm getting "error, try again later", which I will. :( :(

Bummer.

I'm glad you broken your singing drought.

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Hmmm, must be a iPad or Aussie thing, works fine here. Hope you can see it later...

michelew wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm getting "error, try again later", which I will. :( :(

Bummer.

I'm glad you broken your singing drought.

Shel

Lavallee

Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Very well played Chris, you had this one in the back of your head for a while , glad you took a shot at it. I am sure that you did not spend much time learning the lyrics as you probably can sing them in your sleep .

Very nice

Marc

schembre

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:03 am

Nice, and you're restoring my faith in playing a 12-string - you play it with a nice touch. Usually when I start a song on the 12-string my only goal is to finish it! :-)

michelew

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:50 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Shel was asking about who was playing songs in alternate tuning so here is Question - Moody Blues, in open C tuning.
Now I have the BSG, I keep my 25 year old Takamine 12 string in open C tuning. I am also tuned to A=432 Herz.
It is pretty much according to Neil's lesson except I may have not followed it on the "I'm looking for..." bit.
My voice has been a bit ropey lately as I have not been singing much so this is me trying to get back into the swing of things.
Uncut and unplugged.

WOW! That's sounded great. Who knew it was possible to strum that fast.

Very cool.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:50 am

Thanks for tuning in Marc, Bob and Shel!

It sure has to be fast Shel or it doesn't sound right. I found I had to really attack it.... I was surprised I could maintain it to the end, must be all that damned practice! :laugh:

As for the touch Bob, I found I can't do this with a pick yet( the down strokes are fine but the up is somehow more difficult) so I have to use my fingers and my touch is much better there... but I am losing clarity and loudness. Stick with that 12 and thanks for commenting.

This song is never far from mind Marc and you are right about the lyrics.... but I did manage to forget a line I never forget and miss a word somewhere else.... I blame that on the camera :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic