QUESTION - a cover of the Moody Blues by Neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:56 pm

Many thanks for tuning in Scott and Dennis!

Thanks for the comments both of you! Scott, if you try this out and follow Neil's suggestions on how to do the fast (double) strum, you will surely get control of of it. And when you do, it is such a blast! :-) Its been a real pleasure working on the fast strum.

Great to hear from you Dennis! Yes, there can never be enough Moody Blues in our lives, that's for sure! I have enjoyed the hell out of mastering this song which has been a close friend for more than 40 years. What are you working on these days?

dekotaj

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:03 am

BRAVO!!!! Brother.

One heck of a song. Sure dose start and end on some quick strumming.I sure do enjoy watching you play these songs.I like the guitar work,the vocals(ropey???) and I like the live outdoor setting style of the video.
Alternate tuning. Heck I have a hard time playing in stranded tuning.A=432 Herz????? Not sure what that dose.But its sounds darn good.
I was watching you do the bar chords and was thinking how good you did.The finger was rolled on to the side with support from the other fingers.and that seemed to make garbing those other notes a little easier.
Thanks for posting Chris.Look forward to your next one.
Kev

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:53 am

Thanks Kev, my friend, good to hear from you! You would have no trouble at all playing in alternative tuning, its often easier to play this way and the sounds are usually great as the song has been designed for the tuning. To get to A=432 Herz, I just use the Guitar ToolKit app on my iPhone which lets you set the A to any thing you want. It is lowering the tone by about a 1/4 step so many of the vocals are also easier to sing too.

About the singing. I really do expect to do a better job but I think I had to focus more on not stuffing up the strum at that speed! So now i know i have to attack the strumming and give the singing more attention at the same time! You live and learn ;-)

schembre

Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Thanks for the link, Chris. Watching Dan play his 12-string, I now understand what it is i have to do - make believe I'm playing a 6-string! ;-) I'm just back from a short vacation, but now the 12-string is out and waiting for me in the guitar stand! However, between watching Folgelbergh and John Denver play 12-string, I convinced myself to shed the Mexican Martin 12-string and get myself a Guild Jumbo 12-string made in the Westerly, RI factory. :-)

schembre

Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Thanks for the link, Chris. Watching Dan play his 12-string, I now understand what it is i have to do - make believe I'm playing a 6-string! ;-) I'm just back from a short vacation, but now the 12-string is out and waiting for me in the guitar stand! However, between watching Folgelbergh and John Denver play 12-string, I convinced myself to shed the Mexican Martin 12-string and get myself a Guild Jumbo 12-string made in the Westerly, RI factory. :-)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Bob, if you get that Guild, you gotta demo it! I can just imagine the giant sound you will get out gf it :)

thereshopeyet

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:40 pm

Chris

Great video, your good at that !

Thanks for sharing

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic