Busking The Swiss Alps

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Michele asked about songs in Open G and I said, no don't play any.... but I was wrong! 2 years ago DennisG and I both worked on Never Comes The Day (Moody Blues, surprise, surprise!) at exactly the same time and Dennis posted his version and dedicated it to me while I was working on mine literally guitar in hand. Quite a synchronous event! Haven't played it since so I decided to dust it off (still not quite 100%) and as the weather was so fabulous I travelled up to Klosters in Prättigau for the day to sing to the Alps! beautiful scenery all the way. Hope you enjoy the musical post card.

Also added Gypsy as I am working on that too and the first part of the video would have been soundless otherwise! Still trying to get that up to speed, tricky.

willem

Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:23 pm

That was a wonderful video,playing and singin,,I think I remember you where learning that song,,,

Well I hope you dust off some more songs,,

Was this also the sound you recorded outside ?

Willem

Craig

Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:32 pm

I really enjoyed that Chris! The playing, singing, and scenery were all very good. Thanks for sharing that.

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Yes, that's the sound outside Willem, just propped up my iPhone on the bench and recorded. I must say, the AVS video maker and the upload to youtube have seriously mangled the sound and picture quality!!

Thanks for tuning in Willem and Craig!

Edit: Willem, I stripped the audio out of the video and doubled the track in Audacity and slightly off-set the timing of the 2 tracks (0.02 secs) to make it stereo. Then I added the track back into the video in AVS.

daryl

Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Nice Chris. But after traveling by train, and hiking up the Alps, you certainly must have played more than one song before you climbed back down. Did you record any other songs or doodles?

willem

Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:55 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Yes, that's the sound outside Willem, just propped up my iPhone on the bench and recorded. I must say, the AVS video maker and the upload to youtube have seriously mangled the sound and picture quality!!

Thanks for tuning in Willem and Craig!

Edit: Willem, I stripped the audio out of the video and doubled the track in Audacity and slightly off-set the timing of the 2 tracks (0.02 secs) to make it stereo. Then I added the track back into the video in AVS.
Don't worry, it came about but always record on high end..

Willem

EDIT, AVS has posibilitys to do something with sound,,

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:01 pm

No, that's it Daryl! Minimalist! It was a very sunny and warm day.... :-)

dekotaj

Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Chris
Some postcard!!
Damn that looked like fun. BRAVO Bro.
Kev

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Yeah, it was a lovely day.... will be tomorrow too...

Music Junkie

Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Great post, Chris. Loved the scenery and the music. Enjoy that weather!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic