Busking Cazuza

daryl

Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:06 pm

That's a really beautiful love song composed by Cazuza, Bebel Gilberto and Dé Palmeira, it's been recorded many times, but the version which I like the most is the original one:
Here is the translation to the lyrics, you should really check them, it's very romantic http://lyricstranslate.com/en/eu-precis ... e-you.html

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

michelew

Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:13 pm

Fabio,

It's great to see you diving into the deep end of the TG pool.

I really enjoyed watching you perform this.Your playing is great. You had a heap of unusual chord shapes with some big stretches in there, which you were moving between so effortlessly. And I really liked the mood you captured with your singing and playing, quietly emotional and sultry.

That's a very passionate song as you say. I'm sure that translation doesn't quite do it justice either. The video didn't work here in Sydney.

Thanks for adding to the cultural diversity here at TG. Great stuff.

Michele

daryl

Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:12 am

Thanks a lot!

These kind of chords are really common in brazilian music, specially samba and bossa nova, so my former guitar teacher really put a lot of effort at making me learn'em.

I' usually not able to sing songs which have complex patterns for the left or right hands, just the simpler one, but "Eu Preciso Dizer Que Eu Te Amo" is one of the songs I love the most, so I threw a lot of hours practicing to get it perfect :)

Thanks again, and expect me to bring more and more stuff here at TG!

Fabio

PS: I changed the video link in the original post, maybe this one won't be blocked :)

TGNesh

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:48 am

Very nice work Fabio! You got a lot down already in only 4/5 years, keep it up! :) So you're not taking private lessons anymore? Why not?

daryl

Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:14 am

Nice playing. Thanks for uploading!

BobR

Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:39 am

Hi Fabio,

Very nicely played. :)
Welcome to TG

Bob

willem

Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:56 am

Thanks everyone!

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:03 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Very nice work Fabio! You got a lot down already in only 4/5 years, keep it up! :) So you're not taking private lessons anymore? Why not?
I had to stop them, 3 years ago I've moved from my hometown to the capital, São Paulo, to study Medicine, so now I decided to join TG so I can keep on learning at my own pace :)

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Welcome to the TG Buskers' Club Fabio! Nice to hear some Brazilian sounds here at TG. Look forward to hearing more from you.
It's been over 25 years now but last time I was in Brazil, I took home loads of Brazilian music (actual vinyl!).

Chris in Switzerland.

michelew

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:45 pm

mckfabio79067 wrote:
Thanks a lot!

These kind of chords are really common in brazilian music, specially samba and bossa nova, so my former guitar teacher really put a lot of effort at making me learn'em.

I' usually not able to sing songs which have complex patterns for the left or right hands, just the simpler one, but "Eu Preciso Dizer Que Eu Te Amo" is one of the songs I love the most, so I threw a lot of hours practicing to get it perfect :)

Thanks again, and expect me to bring more and more stuff here at TG!

Fabio

PS: I changed the video link in the original post, maybe this one won't be blocked :)

Fabio,

It looks like time well invested to me. It's true that you need to get a song down really well to be able to sing it too. Well done.

Thanks for reposting the link. It's still not working here, but it could be a regional thing, so don't worry about that. But thanks regardless. I did bump into another of his videos. Good stuff.

All the best with your studies and absolutely fee free to post as often as you have the desire to.

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic