Busking Raining on the Rock - John Williamson

benfield113

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:19 am

Chris

That was really good. I'm a great fan of John Williamson, and your piece reminds me of the time I climbed 'The Rock'. (and yes ...it was raining!) :)

Happy New Year.

Andy

Lavallee

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:18 am

Hi Chris, thank you for taking the time to post that interesting. It is always interesting to see how people are imaginative to prove a point. I wonder if they would happen if they would make the same experiment by playing the same frequency many time, if the patterns would developed the same way every time.

The beneficial effects must be there, as you seem to look younger :lol:

Yes we do not have much snow this year, we only have a lot when we get Swiss tourists

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Thanks for tuning in Andy and Marc!

That's pretty cool that you have actually done the trip the song is about and it rained Andy, guess there are not many days where it rains there! Thanks for dropping by and Happy 2015 to you too!

I actually misunderstood your post Marc (reading it on my iPhone), I thought you asked me to explain! Anyway, now we all know! :laugh:
As far as I know, the frequencies will always produce the same cymatic pattern each time. Yes, I am much younger than I was last time i saw you :laugh: , thanks!

BigBear

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:55 pm

Chris- another song that I know neither the artist or the song itself. But it sounded beautiful as you always do. I love the sound of your new guitar. Very nice!!

Tschuβ,

Rick :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:16 pm

Thanks for tuning in Bear! Glad I could show folks a "new" song!

tombo1230

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:06 am

That's a really nice sound you are producing there Chris. Like others I haven't heard this tune before,
but really enjoyed listening to it. :)

Tom N.

coomba

Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:22 am

G'day Chris
I must say that I was quite surprised and pleased to see you do a John Williamson cover, I really enjoyed your version, your voice would suit quite a few of his songs and your guitar playing is excellent.

I am a fan of John Williamson he has written some beautiful songs (and some shockers), all of them have a very Australian feel and his guitar playing can be very good. I particularly like Cootamundra Wattle and Galleries of Pink Gallahs if you haven't heard them you should check them out, I think you would do a great version of Cootamundra Wattle , I have just listened to both of them after looking at yours as I had not heard them for some time, So thank you for refreshing my memory.

Thanks for putting it up

Cheers to you
Scott

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:51 am

Many thanks for tuning in Tom and Scott! Its a great song and I am happy to have brought it to your attention Tom.
Scott, so good that you like my version! I heard John Williamson on a tape about 23 years ago and listened to him a lot. Cootamundra Wattle was my favourite along with this one. Pink Galahs is lovely too.... I thought they were flowers but now I know they are birds. I love the story telling in songs, like with Gordon Lightfoot (Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald etc) and the "feel" and fascination of Australia comes through so well... one day I will have to visit it!

Chris

rayloke

Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:12 am

Chris just caught your busking Raining on the Rock. Well done. It brought back heaps of great memories. I caught John Williamson in concert in Adelaide in 1989. Fantastic concert. I was working/touring Australia then and John Williamson was on the airwaves with this song and True Blue. Got to learn the song. Enjoyed your busk.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:35 am

Thanks for tuning in Ray, glad you liked it. I have refined it a lot by now, flows a lot more.
Welcome to the forum!

Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic