One Republic - Counting Stars

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:07 pm

Nice job Kev, good to see you posting again. I see you lost your head with the singing :laugh:

dekotaj

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:24 am

Hey Bob
Thanks for taking a look,and the nice words. As I was telling Sis the shaker was a way to break it up a little. It did start it a little out of time. But I think by the end was back on count. Started a little fast. Hey, what do you do.ha ha

Whats going on Chris.
Happy New Year.
(I see you lost your head with the singing :laugh:)
With this mug,losing one's head is not a bad thing. :silly: :silly:
No, I was getting a little closer to my guitar to see if anyone would notices the changing in my girl.So far no one has said anything.So it's not as bad as I was thinking
Be good Chris and tell miss Ale Hi.

Kev

dekotaj

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:40 am

tombo1230 wrote:
dekotaj wrote:
Thanks Tom.
Very nice of you to stop and take a look at this song.Glad you liked it.Please tell that lovely young lady of your hello from me.
You two be safe this year.The very best,hope to see you folks doing some posting this year.

Kev
Hi Kev,

It was great to see a post from you again, it's been too long.

Claire says hi back and we both hope you have a great year ahead of you too.

Hopefully we will get around to posting something, but nothing planned as yet.

Claire sang on an original song recently for a musician I know at work. I honestly wasn't too impressed by the final version, or the song in general, so haven't posted it here, but I'm sure it was nice for her to be asked. She sang it well though :)

Tom N.
It's funny you said something about post together.Most of the covers of this song on you-tube are done with a male and female singer. When I first was thinking about posting this song. I was think of asking you and Miss Claire to do it with me. It would have been a better recording if i had.

Now about you not posting Miss Claire's doing a original song with your co-worker.Come on now you cant bring that up and not think we all want to hear it. But if you don't want to post it here.Then send me a P.M. so I can watch it.
Thanks Tom

daryl

Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:56 am

dekotaj wrote:
No, I was getting a little closer to my guitar to see if anyone would notices the changing in my girl.So far no one has said anything.So it's not as bad as I was thinking
Kev
Spill it! What are you talking about? I hope your "girl" is OK.

dekotaj

Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:15 pm

daryl wrote:
dekotaj wrote:
Kev
Spill it! What are you talking about? I hope your "girl" is OK.
When I using the shaker is when you can see it the best. Look from the saddle to the bout of the guitar????

She is OK but last winter she was down for a few weeks.

daryl

Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:42 pm

It looks like there is something between the bridge and the "bottom" of the lower bout, straight in line with the A string. Is it? Did she fall (or was she pushed)? Or was it because of dryness? Please tell all!

willem

Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:33 pm

That was nice Kevin, I listen a few days a go but anwsering now.keep plucking.

thereshopeyet

Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:45 pm

Kevin,

Wow, too Cool or what !

Loved it.

Dermot

:ohmy:

tombo1230

Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:01 am

dekotaj wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
dekotaj wrote:

Kev
It's funny you said something about post together.Most of the covers of this song on you-tube are done with a male and female singer. When I first was thinking about posting this song. I was think of asking you and Miss Claire to do it with me. It would have been a better recording if i had.
Now about you not posting Miss Claire's doing a original song with your co-worker.Come on now you cant bring that up and not think we all want to hear it. But if you don't want to post it here.Then send me a P.M. so I can watch it.
Thanks Tom
Hi Kev,
I am re-mixing the sound on the song as I didn't care much for the way they had done it. It's maybe just a taste thing, but the vocal and harmony are hardly there in my opinion. I will PM you when I am finished and send you a file to listen to. There's no video. All the instruments are played by two of my friends
They are excellent musicians.

Tom.

Lavallee

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:10 am

Hi Kevin, I hope to eventually have the great natural timing you always have and that I like to feel in all your videos.

I like it a lot (I also thought that the shaker was a good idea with the final shake vibrato at the end as a transition)

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic