Looking for help on the strum to NEW HORIZONS

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:48 pm

wrench wrote:
Hi Chris,

Now that Neil sorted out that out, I am really looking forward to the new version. There will be a new version, won't there?

Dan
Yes, Dan, I feel obliged to deliver on my promise :) ... and here it is. Strumming and vocal recorded separately (mainly because its hard to count 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2 and sing at the same time but also to give a close up of the strumming pattern Neil showed me which really helped me get more exact and confident on this song. I also incorporated Daryl's fingering suggestion for the little run, using just a two fingered chord instead of 3 on the first chord of that run... sounds nicer. There is one fluffed chord change early on and for some unfathomable reason, I sang the 2nd verse twice.... I guess that came from laying down the guitar track first and not singing along with it (because of the focus on the strumming pattern). Well, no big disaster! Hope it is an improvement and many thanks again to all for the wonderful help. I feel I've finally got it! :) :) :)

EDIT: I have edited out the repeated 2nd verse and deleted the original video posted here and replaced with the edited version 22.02.15

crieniecat

Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:49 pm

Wow Chris! That's really great! :woohoo:
What a difference between both recordings. I can tell you are
much more at ease and the total picture now is just perfect.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful song
Corina :)

crieniecat

Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:50 pm

crieniecat

Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:50 pm

crieniecat

Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:51 pm

wrench

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:10 pm

Justin Who?

Holy crap, Chris. I really can't think of what else to say. I liked your first version so much, I didn't think you - or anyone else for that matter - could improve it much. I thought better of the first version than Justin Hayward's. This is absolutely incredible, and earns a top spot in the TG treasure vault.

I owe you a video now....I've been working on something, and it's sooooo close. I'll post soon. I won't clear the bar though.

I played this song (in DADFAC) at an open mic after you posted the first version, and I got good feedback from the audience, so it's always been a favorite of mine. I'm going to stop babbling now and go listen to this. A lot. Thanks for posting this.

crieniecat

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Sorry guys i seem to have posted my comment in "stereo"
Must be my enthousiasm....

willem

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:17 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
wrench wrote:
Hi Chris,

Now that Neil sorted out that out, I am really looking forward to the new version. There will be a new version, won't there?

Dan
Yes, Dan, I feel obliged to deliver on my promise :) ... and here it is. Strumming and vocal recorded separately (mainly because its hard to count 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2 and sing at the same time but also to give a close up of the strumming pattern Neil showed me which really helped me get more exact and confident on this song. I also incorporated Daryl's fingering suggestion for the little run, using just a two fingered chord instead of 3 on the first chord of that run... sounds nicer. There is one fluffed chord change early on and for some unfathomable reason, I sang the 2nd verse twice.... I guess that came from laying down the guitar track first and not singing along with it (because of the focus on the strumming pattern). Well, no big disaster! Hope it is an improvement and many thanks again to all for the wonderful help. I feel I've finally got it! :) :) :)

wow Chris,, hope there will be a day you play and sing it the same time,, you're totally back with your beautifull voice/singin../b]

Willem

TGNesh

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:29 pm

Awesome Chris, loved it!!! :cheer: makes me wanna jump over to Switserland and jam! ;)

Ness

TGNesh

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:30 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Tri-stereo you mean! :P

crieniecat wrote:
Sorry guys i seem to have posted my comment in "stereo"
Must be my enthousiasm....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic