Here's a challenge

jayswett

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:21 pm

As those of us in the northeast are in the midst of Blizzard Juno, I can't think of a better reason to challenge the temporarily homebound to produce a video for either busking or review. Neil has mentioned a time or two that he is looking for some videos to review. This seems like a good opportunity. Turn off those TV's and turn on the camcorder (or cell phone, or whatever it is you prefer). Find something with which you have been struggling, or perhaps merely looking for some ways to modify and improve, and get it uploaded. You will be glad you did it. Stay safe and warm.

wrench

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:19 pm

That's an excellent idea Jay, and I had every intention to do exactly that today. I've been working on an arragement of "Soon" by YES, and it is just about ready.

Then I went outside for about three hours to tame the elements (about 20 inches worth). I'm not sure I can pick up my guitar right now, much less play it. But it is still a great idea.

BobR

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:24 pm

Hi Jay,
I have just come in from a day of snow blowing. Like Dan I don't think I can play right now, but I did do a video last week I was going to post , but it's been a while and I can't remember how.

Bob

jayswett

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:28 pm

I didn't expect many takers, but thought I'd take a shot.

jayswett

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:29 pm

I tried uploading a video tonight, just spent the better part of an hour trying. No luck. I get a number of error messages. I tried two different computers. It's an AVI format, so should be OK. Not sure what's up.

willem

Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:31 am

BobR wrote:
Hi Jay,
I have just come in from a day of snow blowing. Like Dan I don't think I can play right now, but I did do a video last week I was going to post , but it's been a while and I can't remember how.

Bob
Come on Bob..its so simple,,if the uploaders from this site don't work then make a you tube channel and upload there,after that post the link here ,,copy and paste..

:laugh: B)

BobR

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:13 am

Thanks Willem I'll give that a try

TGNesh

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:36 am

The uploaders are having troubles for some time now Jay, they only work occasionally (no idea why). Willem's suggestion works though! :)

jayswett wrote:
I tried uploading a video tonight, just spent the better part of an hour trying. No luck. I get a number of error messages. I tried two different computers. It's an AVI format, so should be OK. Not sure what's up.

BobR

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:54 am

willem wrote:
BobR wrote:
Hi Jay,

Bob
Come on Bob..its so simple,,if the uploaders from this site don't work then make a you tube channel and upload there,after that post the link here ,,copy and paste..

:laugh: B)
I hope this will work. This was a one take video as you will see :)

daryl

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:58 am

Hey Bob, the video is "private". You need to make it "public" or "unlisted". Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic