I SEE FIRE - HOBBIT

buddy

Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Sorry no video on this song as this started out as an experiment to record this song singing baritone and then to record it up higher as a tenor. After recording both versions, I decided to experiment and blend the two versions into the version presented below. I really had to work at the upper ends in this song. This is a great song and I love the haunting quality of it. This version is more of an interpretation than a cover as I took a few liberties with it.

Let me know what you think, Bud

willem

Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:03 am

wow Buddy I like it,,,I alway's wonder and not sure yet and it counts for the most singers that I hear or it is my problem,,,,if there are belting parts in a song the quality of beautifull singin goes down..I think it is the art to keep those parts also with a beautiful voice..

Well done Buddy,,I like the song also

Willem

BobR

Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi Buddy,
Very nice performance. I especially liked it around 3:38 when the two vocal parts start.

Great job

Bob

jayswett

Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:28 am

Well done, Buddy. Sounds tricky both from a guitar and vocal standpoint. Really enjoyed that.

buddy

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:10 am

willem wrote:
wow Buddy I like it,,,I alway's wonder and not sure yet and it counts for the most singers that I hear or it is my problem,,,,if there are belting parts in a song the quality of beautifull singin goes down..I think it is the art to keep those parts also with a beautiful voice..

Well done Buddy,,I like the song also

Willem
Hello Willem my friend, so glad you enjoyed this rendition. Yes as you said, less is more when we have to go higher in our vocal registers.

Bud

buddy

Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:22 am

Hi Bob, Always good to hear from you. Hope you and yours are doing well, Bud

buddy

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:22 pm

Jay, Thanks for listening and the comment. Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic