Busking Progress video - Lovesong - stumbling through

fjeanmur

Mon May 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Hey Michelle,

I'm glad to see that we haven't totally lost you to keyboards! Nice video you put up. How long have you been working on the song?

I think it is coming along very nicely and with more time any shakiness will go away. I also liked the percussive strumming. That's something I would love to get working on. You are a brave woman to post a work in progress and I think it's a great start. I'd be interested to hear what Vanessa has to say. I'm looking forward to when it's finished.

BobR

Mon May 25, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi Michele,
I'm with everyone here, you played that very well. It was nice to see you again

Thanks for sharing your practice

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 25, 2015 3:36 pm

Lovely Shel, that was just running off your finger tips.... no problem at all ;-). Great post!

Lavallee

Mon May 25, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi Michele, this is all coming out very nicely, you have it quite fluid already, just a bit more muscle memory to kick in. I also like your percussive picking. I had missed this lesson post, and watching your video made me realize that it was a bossa nova song. I have been asking for bossa nova lessons , so I am not going to miss that opportunity to learn it.

Thank you for showing where you are at with the song (very nice already). Looking forward to read Vanessa' s comments and your update video.

Marc

michelew

Tue May 26, 2015 2:29 am

Thanks so much everyone for all of you wonderful comments. It never ceases to amaze me, each time I post a video the support and encouragement you all give is incredible; uplifting and motivating. Thank you.

Sorry I've taken so long to respond. It's crazy busy at work at the moment. In fact I haven't picked up the guitar since I recorded this.

Sandy - thanks. I will sing too when I've got it all together. I absolutely agree that I need to memorize it before I record a performance. In fact I tried using that excuse with Ness, but she wouldn't have a bar of it. :) (is that a musical reference? Could be).

Dean - WOW high praise! Thank you. And the guitar just continues to improve. I enjoy playing it more than my steel-string too.

Wrench - thanks for the tips, don't worry I practice the bits I'm working on very slowly. This speed was really just a demo.

Willem - I'm glad it sounds close. I've got a long way to go to make it my own though.

Jason - :) you're a sweetie. It absolutely needs lots more time. That's for sure.

Ness - big smiles here. Looking forward to hearing what you see and hear with your teacher's eyes and ears.

Jeff - yes i guess I'm not alone in the "harshest critic" thing. Thanks for the encouragement. That's motivating.

Brad - thanks! Good to hear I've improved.

Corina - great to hear I brought a smile to your face. It's nice to be able to give one back.

Jean - not lost yet. :) no chance of that with all the good content on TG; like this lesson. Give it a go. The percussive strumming isn't hard and it's great fun to play.

Bob - thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Chris - no problem eh? I wish! Thanks sweet man

Marc - this is a GREAT song, the bossa nova feel is fabulous. Ness teaches it really well too of course as we've all come to expect. You'll love it.

Thanks again everyone. You've made the nerves and posting doubts all worth it.

Shel

dennisg

Tue May 26, 2015 3:04 pm

Wow, so glad I happened to stop by on what is now my monthly peek into the forum. Great job, Shel, on a difficult and action-packed song. I happen to think you're about 90 percent of the way there, and if you can just suppress the nerves a bit, the other 10 percent should come very soon. I love what you're doing here.

Do you have any plans to sing it, too?

michelew

Tue May 26, 2015 6:27 pm

Hey Den! I always enjoy reading your responses. I miss seeing you on the forum... all of your contributions.

90% that's good hear.

I do intend to sing it. I need to play it until it's automatic and I'm comfortable varying it without thinking about it first. That might take a while. This is an Adele version after all; doing it any sort of justice while playing will be a big ask. But I'm going to go for it. You've given me enough examples of how to sing with feeling.

Thanks sweet man.

Xxx

dekotaj

Sat May 30, 2015 9:05 am

Bravo!!!
Hey Sis.What a great song.Looking forward to watching put the lyrics in with this song.

Kev

michelew

Sat May 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Thanks Kev. It is a great song. What's next for you?

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic