Busking Chicago - Colour My World

AcousticAl

Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:50 pm

Hey Craig,

Just logged on and caught this. I've always liked that song and thought you did a great job with it.

Love the guitar too!

Cheers!

Craig

Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:23 pm

AlAl - What a great surprise! Thanks for checking it out! Where have you been? I've missed your posts! By weird coincidence, I thought of you when I was recording this. I had the door open and some birds were chirping which made me think of you and your bird chiming in on some of your posts! ... If memory serves, it was you and me that were "Closet Bread Fans"... Chicago fits in that category somewhat for me too because it wasn't cool in my circle of friends in the late 1970's to listen to bands with a lot of horns in it when they were all listening to AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd! I had to listen to my sister's Chicago albums in secret! :laugh:

Thanks again,

Craig

michelew

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:16 pm

Craig,

That was mesmerising, moody and VERY pretty. It also looked hard. VERY nice!

It's been WAY too long since your last upload. It's good to see you back posting, I really enjoy watching your videos.

That's one GORGEOUS guitar. Is it koa? A GA? Congrats!

TRE - haha! I definitely think I need to jump on that bandwagon. My set up is decidedly lacking. Perhaps I need to get the group over to my house for a consultation. :)

Post soon. Go for the student review thing too.

Thanks for sharing.

Shel

Craig

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:25 am

Hey Shel,

Great to hear from you! Your "work in progress" post, coupled with Dennis' post, got me motivated to post again so, thank you!

The song is a definite challenge for me. The odds of getting through it without clanking a few notes is pretty slim, but I'm making some progress.

The guitar is a Taylor K24ce. Koa top, sides and back. I absolutely love it!

Thanks for watching!

Craig

Yamaha48

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:58 am

Thanks Graig for share your video.
nice picking and chord shapes.
your guitar a Taylor Koa..
I like taylor guitars, maby in the futer for me.
exspensef guitars, the 414ce more in my price range lol.
chicago from the 70 s, i remember the song i you leave me now.

Cheers Anton

Craig

Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:27 am

Anton,

Thank you for watching and your kind words! I had to post something to try to keep up with your "Budapest" and "Lay Lady Lay"! :)
A Taylor 414 would be wonderful, you will love it! I can't afford the guitar I have either! :laugh:

Thanks again,

Craig

Music Junkie

Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:08 am

Craig:

Great to see a video of you again, and I love the looks of that guitar. Those were certainly some odd chords, but you did a very good job. I noticed you had some pretty good "independent" finger movement going on. That is something that REALLY kicks my butt. It seems that you are making some great progress in that area. Nice job!

"TRE".... I feel your pain......

On a side note, I still need to get down south for that Taylor tour and a pint or two with you! Also, I hope that your schedule will allow you to get away to an IGC one of these years. You would be a great addition to the group!

Jason

Craig

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:52 pm

Jason,

Thanks for watching. As you know, I mostly finger pick and Neil always preaches laying down the finger for the next note rather than slapping down the whole chord. So, I've been trying to work on that for timing sake as well as cleaner notes... and of course, some days are better than others! :S

Taylor guitars and a "few" pints? :woohoo: It doesn't get much better than that! You know where to find me! ... I fully intend to attend an IGC someday. I would love to. My son plays football and my daughter plays volleyball (both fall sports) and I'm a high school teacher. The timing couldn't get much worse for me! :( :( :(

Thanks again, See you soon! ;)

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:06 pm

Hey Craig, great to see you posting again, sorry I am late to the party! Well done on the arpeggios, tricky stuff. Loved the guitar!
You and Dennis in one week, not bad :-). Turning the clock back. Look forward to more....
Chris

Craig

Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:35 pm

Chris,

Great to hear from you! Thanks for watching and the comment. It's been somewhat of a TG reunion this week... Very Cool!

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic