Busking Chicago - Colour My World

Craig

Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:34 pm

I have to apologize right off for the sound quality. I recorded this with my i-pad so you may have to put on your ear phones and turn up the volume to hear it. Besides being members of TG, I know many of you have also joined "TRE". Having two kids in college has prevented me from joining TRE, although I intend to someday! What is TRE you ask? "Totally Recording Equipment"! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This song makes me flash back to the late 70's at the high school dance. It was always the last song, the slow dance, where I would spend about a half hour trying to get up the nerve to ask the "cute girl" to dance knowing it was coming up at the end...

I hope you can hear it... Thanks for taking a look!

Craig

Craig

Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:36 pm

It didn't work for some reason??? I'll go to plan "B"...

If this doesn't work, I don't have a plan "C" :S

daryl

Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:21 pm

Craig, That was very impressive. Looks like there were some VERY difficult chords in there. Now, you have to do it again for ALL the versus and choruses and I expect some phantom to come along and sing over your playing. Good job! Good for you!!!!! Thanks for posting.

BobR

Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:38 pm

Hi Craig,

Very nice. Good to hear from you. This is a song I remember when I started dating my wife.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

Craig

Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:31 pm

Daryl - Thanks! I appreciate your kind words. It's one of those deceptive ones that seems easy because it's slow, but there are some difficult fingerings and stretches in there! As usual, I play it pretty clean at home... until the camera goes on! :S

Bob - Thanks for watching. When I saw this lesson, it brought back a lot of memories for me too! I think that's why I wanted to learn it...

Craig

TGNesh

Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:25 am

How awesome to see you again Craig! And gosh, gréat work on all those chord shapes!! :cheer:

I see you still got your gorgeous guitar ;).

So as for the song, any chance you'd sing it too? (I don't know the song i have to admit, no idea what it takes vocally.)

In any way, fantastic job Craig, many thanks for posting it. Actually please post it in the review-channel, through the review-uploader i mean. I'm sure Neil would love to take a look at it and as always, everybody benefits when he does. ;)

Ness

Lavallee

Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:26 am

Hi Craig, very nice playing . I always like that song, I tried it but gave up because of the weird chords and those big streches, but you are doing just fine. Great looking guitar too.

Glad you posted again

Marc

dennisg

Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:44 am

I've aways been really impressed by your playing, Craig, and you dazzled me with this one. It's a gorgeous tune, but I had no idea how difficult it might be to play until I saw those oddball chords you were fingering. Huge congratulations for unlocking this puzzle.

willem

Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:49 pm

I sure was a fan from Chicago and I remember this song, my wife introduced me to Chicago, man what a band.

Your playing did sure remember me at this song, nice work.
thanks

Willem

Craig

Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:24 pm

Ness - Thank you! I think I'll always have this guitar, I absolutely LOVE it! :) I would have to get the song down through a million more repetitions before I could sing it without having to concentrate so hard... possibly you can learn it and sing it for me??? :) :P

Marc - Thanks for the comment Marc! I haven't posted anything for a long time so I figured I was due for something. I got real lucky with the guitar... I live about 15 minutes from the Taylor factory so I go out there pretty regularly. In the "gift shop", they sell the demo models for a pretty good discount. Most of the demos are guitars that were out in the road shows. This one, however, had only been in a photo shoot but since it wasn't "factory new", they couldn't sell it at full price. So, I got a great deal on basically a new guitar.... My wife seems to think they did it just to get me to go away!!! :laugh: Maybe she's right? :laugh:

Dennis - Thank you my TG Pal! It was actually YOU that inspired me to post again once I saw your Paul Simon tune last week. As you know, the song is a piano arpeggio, Neil does an amazing job of turning it into a guitar arpeggio... but of course, the result is a ton of funky shapes! I have a ways to go on it but I was kinda thinking on the lines of Michelle's "work in progress" idea. Now, if I could just borrow your voice and recording equipment I'd be all set!

Willem - I always liked the band, Chicago. When Neil posted this lesson, I really wanted to learn it... thanks for the comment.

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic