Busking Paul Simon American Tune

wrsomers

Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:51 am

Thanks Jay. I really enjoyed your rendition of Signe.
Bill

wrsomers

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:52 am

michelew

Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:15 pm

Thanks for bumping this one. I enjoyed listening to it. Not sure why I didn't comment on it originally. Perhaps I missed it.

I would have liked to have heard your guitar playing a bit more. Given the clarity, I assume you recorded the vocals and the guitar separately. Besides increasing the volume of the guitar, have you considered panning the tracks a little off centre, each in different directions of course; just a few percent would help to separate them.

If you ever decide to refine the track, it wouldn't take much to make it even better than it already is.

Very nice.

Peace. And hello!

M

wrsomers

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:16 pm

Thanks Michele. Actually I recorded this as a single track. It was before I had my studio mic. I used the mic on the video camera and didn't have a DAW to do what you suggest. Do you know of some way to tweak it from a single track? If so, I'd love to hear from you.

Bill

michelew

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:09 am

Hmmmm...

No. I don't know how to do that. You could probably reduce the guitar...by playing with the frequencies filters....maybe... but I don't know how you would extract it so that you end up with two separate tracks. If someone else does, I'd also love to learn that trick. It would defitnieky come in handy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic