Collaboration of 'Beautiful Madness' Corina, Claire & Tom.

tombo1230

Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:08 pm

https://plus.google.com/115360755785674 ... 5674603564

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1153 ... 5674603564 (Try this if above not working)

This is a collaboration born of a conversation I had with Corina at the first ever IGC two years ago. Corina had said she would love to hear one of her poems set to music. At the time I was just getting ready to do my open mic turn and was next up. I looked at the poem she had on a little bit of paper and strummed a few chords and sang the words she had written. Her face was priceless. We said we should do a video some time in the future, so finally here is Carinas poem set to a melody and chords with a simple strum. My daughter Claire is doing the harmony parts, although she does not appear in the video. We hope you enjoy our efforts.

Tom.

dekotaj

Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:23 pm

Beautiful Madness'
What a great tune.I love everything about it!
But whats not to love. Thew lyrics were written by one of us.The chords were written by one of us.Put together by one of us.played by one of us.And sang by two of us.BRAVO!!!

Kevin
I just kind of wrote myself in to that.( as one of us.) ha ha

Lavallee

Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:26 pm

Very enjoyable composition Corina Tom and Claire. Corina, you seem such a happy camper smiling all the time and what a voice. And Claire too what a range. Tom nice to meet you . I think it is the first time I see you, good chord progression. What kind of guitar do you play?

Marc

tombo1230

Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:01 am

dekotaj wrote:
Beautiful Madness'
What a great tune.I love everything about it!
But whats not to love. Thew lyrics were written by one of us.The chords were written by one of us.Put together by one of us.played by one of us.And sang by two of us.BRAVO!!!

Kevin
I just kind of wrote myself in to that.( as one of us.) ha ha
Kevin, you are very correct in what you say and you are one of us. :)

I hope this encourages other people to write, it's a very creative past time and one I am sure we can all do with a little practice. for me the achievement is in the creation, you start off with a blank canvas and just dive in. I was a little out of my comfort zone as I love to write the lyrics, but that was already well taken care of, there were only minor tweaks to make the poem song friendly.

Doing a project like this you learn so much.

Tom.

tombo1230

Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:34 am

ULavallee wrote:
Very enjoyable composition Corina Tom and Claire. Corina, you seem such a happy camper smiling all the time and what a voice. And Claire too what a range. Tom nice to meet you . I think it is the first time I see you, good chord progression. What kind of guitar do you play?

Marc
Hi Marc, I have been on camera a couple of times with Claire but not recently.

My guitar is a Taylor 814ce in Tobacco sunburst. I really love this guitar!

The chord progression is usually just what works at the time. The verse is am, F, G, am, am, G, F, am, am, G, F, C, am, G, F, cC, G, am, am.
The chorus is C, dm, G, am, am, C,
D, F, G, em, dm, em, F, G, am, am.

Yes Claire's vocal is very low to very high, not sure what it is in octaves but huge range.
I am just lucky to have the chance to work with two talented singers.

Tom N.

TGNesh

Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:03 am

Well guys, I should say girls and guy :P, what a fantastic job and song!

I obviously already had a bit of a scoop, as in Corina singing this (the background might give that away ;)), just great to hear the final result. I have to say I'm a sucker for harmonies, so Claire's contribution definitely adds a lot and rounds things up very nicely. The two of you girls sound awesome!!

Would you post the lyrics Tom?

Congratulations to the three of you!! :cheer:

Ness

Edit: I take it that the uploader isn't working again? :S Well glad you found a way anyway!

tombo1230

Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:03 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Well guys, I should say girls and guy :P, what a fantastic job and song!

I obviously already had a bit of a scoop, as in Corina singing this (the background might give that away ;)), just great to hear the final result. I have to say I'm a sucker for harmonies, so Claire's contribution definitely adds a lot and rounds things up very nicely. The two of you girls sound awesome!!

Would you post the lyrics Tom?

Congratulations to the three of you!! :cheer:

Ness

Edit: I take it that the uploader isn't working again? :S Well glad you found a way anyway!
Yes couldn't or wouldn't upload. :( but there is always a way. :)

I will post the lyrics tonight after work. I can already hear Daryl saying, 'and the chords please,' :laugh:

Yes also thanks for recording Corina for the video. B) :)

Tom N.

sandysue

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:51 am

Hi Corina, Tom and Claire

That was a really beautiful song. I loved the lyrics and the melody, and of course Corina and Claire's voices too. Oh, and you sounded pretty good too Tom. :) Really nice work. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

Sandy

tombo1230

Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:02 am

sandysue wrote:
Hi Corina, Tom and Claire

That was a really beautiful song. I loved the lyrics and the melody, and of course Corina and Claire's voices too. Oh, and you sounded pretty good too Tom. :) Really nice work. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

Sandy
Thanks for watching Sandy glad you liked it.

The trickiest part of doing anything like this is the fact that at no time were we all in the same country together. :) I had to coach Claire to sing my melody, then send it to Corina to sing along with Claire playing guitar and singing. :dry: I then had to play guitar along with Corina, while she was singing or rather her clean vocal was playing. Not the easiest way to record, but it worked I am glad to say.

Tom N.

sandysue

Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:36 am

Hi Tom

You're melody was so pretty Tom. Creating a melody is the hardest part for me. Even learning a new melody from a song that I haven't heard before can be difficult sometimes.

It's really amazing that we can even collaborate music videos together across continents. It seems like a daunting task. But, it really came out nice for you guys. beautiful job. :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic