Busking Jim Croce Operator

wrsomers

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:19 pm

I cheated a little and added a lead background track. This song just isn't the same without Maury Muelheisen's great lead.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

dekotaj

Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:19 pm

Bravo!!!!

tombo1230

Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:34 pm

Another winner!

Nicely played.

Tom N.

Lavallee

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:12 pm

Well played and sang. Have you played these songs for a while or do you learn them before taking the video? I envy your thumbpick mastering

Marc

daryl

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Were you playing Maury Muelheisen's part? If not, where did you get the backing track stuff?

wrsomers

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Daryl,
I was playing Jim Croce's part. The backing track was bass and rhythm. There are all kinds of backing tracks available just Google what you want. I got this track by Googling: Operator (That's Not The Way It Feels) (Instrumental Track Without Background Vocal) (Karaoke.. You have to search around for what you want. I don't do it a lot but sometimes it's just fun.

Marc,
I've been working on this song for a few months. I've always liked it. I now have the time to practice some of the songs I've been wanting to play for years. Retirement is good for my music. Thumb picking skills come after tons of practice. I've played this song probably a thousand times. It's still hard because it's pretty fast. The change from G to Bm with the bass run is the hardest. Neil's lessons have helped a lot because he taught me how to build the chords note by note (lay down the barre first, then play the other notes as you need them). I'm glad you enjoyed the song.

Bill

willem

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:49 am

I like JC songs, its a pity the lessons don't have both guitar parts (or do we?) and I mean that in general.

Fine job Bill

Willem

wrsomers

Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:24 am

Thanks Willem,
Neil doesn't have this lesson yet. He does do both parts for "I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song". I would love to see a lesson on this just to learn the lead.

Bill

willem

Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:24 pm

wrsomers wrote:
[quote]Thanks Willem,
Neil doesn't have this lesson yet. He does do both parts for "I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song". I would love to see a lesson on this just to learn the lead.

Bill[/quote

Oh yes I remember we have both parts on that song,, it would be fun too having a jamming FOTW but not playing lead by Neil but the student..

B)

dekotaj

Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:38 am

daryl wrote:
Were you playing Maury Muelheisen's part? If not, where did you get the backing track stuff?
This might give you a start at the 2nd guitar parts???

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic