Busking Gordon Lightfoot If You Could Read My Mind

wrsomers

Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:45 pm

Thanks Jay!

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi Bill, we put the collaboration together by playing our parts separately and then me mixing the video.... although I don't think I did the sound, that will have been Kev or Jay. We have never actually met but have done a number of collabs in one line up or other. Huge fun and great learning process for all of us.

Chris

auntlynnie

Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:03 pm

Bill,
That was really, really nice.
I watched all the way through and it was just excellent throughout. Honestly, how many times did you have to do that to get it so right. Please tell me more that once!
I've always wanted to learn this one and just haven't, but I'm feeling inspired now.
Thanks for posting this!
Lynn

wrsomers

Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:15 pm

Thanks Lynn,
I've played that song for a long time but always wrong until I watched Neil's lesson. If you watch Neil's reply to my Student Review post you'll see I still have a way to go. I am almost ready to put up my revision using Neil's suggestions (keep an eye out for it). In answer to your question, I've played it many, many times. I loved this song when it first came out and have never stopped loving it. I'm so glad you sent me a message, it's nice to hear from you. I watched your open mike piece from the 2013 IGC (Sweet Substitute?) and really liked it. Some day I hope to attend an IGC. It's a long way from CT to CA but I'd love to do it.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic