What We Did This Summer

wrsomers

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:57 am

Great job Chris, Corina, and Ness. I particularly liked Bye Bye Love. You did the Everly Brothers proud.

Biil

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:28 am

On departure day we were kicking back at the lake all day with Vanessa playing song after song, she was flying! Ness played a song she made inspired by a poem by Corina and a hundred year old steam ship sailed by as Corina was dealing with the attentions of a swan. What a wonderful day! I'll repost the video when I have sorted a technical problem out....

crieniecat

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:50 am

Oeffff..... seeing this makes me want to go back... NOW!! :laugh:

It's been raining all day and stormy weather hasn't left our country yet.
Needless to say the view I had today at the office was.....quite different :S

Aaaargh
Corina ;)

p.s. Willem, you might have understood some of the lyrics right?! :P

willem

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:08 am

crieniecat wrote:
[quote

p.s. Willem, you might have understood some of the lyrics right?! :P[/quote]

I am so sorry Corina I could'nt hear a word,, maybe,, "je bent als geen"? And a lot of splish splash,, lol

Poems are gedichten right?

Heb ooit eens een programma op tv gevolgd waar muzikanten en dichters samen werkten, dus de muzikant kreeg het gedicht en moest er een lied van maken, in de meeste gevallen lukte dat niet zo, een gedicht is nu eenmaal een gedicht, heel anders dan een lied,, een lied heeft een soort gevoel en een gedicht gebracht als gedicht heeft een heel ander gevoel,, zeer moeilijk om het samen te brengen, het was wel heel interresant.. sorry dit kon alleen even in het Dutch..

It was sure a very beautiful video to look had, or at?
Beautiful place and better then here in the Dutch on this moment. :laugh: B)

W.

crieniecat

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:57 am

I get what you mean to say Willem.
Yes it's very hard to put a poem into a song...at least thats what I think but Tom and Vanessa have already proven to me it's possible ;)
I guess we need to handle by strength right? Like Neil has experienced, don't hand me the guitar! :woohoo:
It was weird in my hands and the guitar must have felt awkward too :lol: :silly: But give me a pen and the feeling you want into a poem (gedicht) and I'll write one.

:laugh:

willem

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:14 pm

crieniecat wrote:
I get what you mean to say Willem.
Yes it's very hard to put a poem into a song...at least thats what I think but Tom and Vanessa have already proven to me it's possible ;)
I guess we need to handle by strength right? Like Neil has experienced, don't hand me the guitar! :woohoo:
It was weird in my hands and the guitar must have felt awkward too :lol: :silly: But give me a pen and the feeling you want into a poem (gedicht) and I'll write one.

:laugh:
Possible? Proven? I would love to hear the poems you mensiond spoken by you. I think it could work for a song but with changing it a bit so it will work for a song. But does that not change the feel of the poem,, just asking, i don't really won't to discuss this. But that program I mensiond said a lot to me.

Will you video a poem or this one. Maybe it is something for the song writing collabs...

Willem : :ohmy: :laugh:

willem

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:20 pm

Allmost missed bye bye love and sound of silence, always look a page back eh

Beautiful people
Beautiful settings
Beautiful singin

What can I say more then enjoyed

Willem

davidrfinn99165

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:50 pm

I'm loving the Von Trapp videos, great fun.

Please tell me you recorded Edelweis too..! :)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:53 pm

I think it was Edelweiss that we were trampling under-foot to get the vids, David! :laugh:

thereshopeyet

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Chris, Vanessa and Corina

What great videos.
Some view too.

Glad you all had an amazing time.

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic