What We Did This Summer

TGNesh

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Heeeeeeeeeeello folks!!!! :cheer:

Well it was abóut time that I really sit down and get here. I actually have loved to read all your comments and the enjoying this unique get together along with us. TG is a great place, isn't it?! :)

I'm still processing those fabulous 4 days (which is why I'm late responding). It was just wonderful in sooooooooo many ways. I had a fantástic time, I mean, what was not to like! :) Just an awesome and spectacular view with pretty much everything we did. Chris has already pointed it out (what we did I mean ;) ). But I just can't get over the view. We could see it from our hotel room, when having breakfast at the hotel, near the lake, up on the mountain, when having dinner, when watching a movie at an open air cinema, it was constantly there and I was just in awe all the time. And the weather was just soooooooo nice, absolutely loved the swimming in the lake!

I'm not exaggerating a single bit when i say that Chris is the most generous, kindest and the best host you can think of. He made us comfortable and took care of us in every way, a true gentleman and friend. So along with all those beautiful surroundings and locations we of course had lots of deep conversations and played a WHOLE LOTTA music too. :cheer:

My highlight was sitting on the dock of the bay, on little stairs, facing the beauty of the lake, feeling the sunshine on my skin, enjoying the company of my dear friends and just playing through any song that I could think of or which was in a songbook in front of me. It was pure happiness for me.

Again, thanks to all who followed our little trip and shared in all the fun we had! :kiss:

Many many thanks to Chris for having us, you are the best! Corina and I couldn't have hoped for a better time. Absolutely hope/plan to do it again! Yes Guitar Camp Europe in Switzerland would have my vote for sure!!!! :woohoo: Edit: In thruth, I hope it'll be two camps next year, one in July and one in September. I just réally LOVE California too!!! :P Oh and another one near the East Coast (USA) in May/June would be awesome too, haha!! :laugh: :laugh: B)

Ness

tombo1230

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:42 pm

I've just watched all your videos. Looks like you all had a brilliant time. European iGC what a great idea Ness!!

TGNesh

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:45 pm

That's really all Chris' fault for not being able to make it to CA :( , so Neil was pondering this idea in the news. Also asking for who would vote/go for that, so make sure you drop into last week's news and cast your vote! ;)

And oh yes, we had a brilliant time for sure, thanks Tom!!

tombo1230 wrote:
I've just watched all your videos. Looks like you all had a brilliant time. European iGC what a great idea Ness!!

tombo1230

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:49 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
[quote]That's really all Chris' fault for not being able to make it to CA :( , so Neil was pondering this idea in the news. Also asking for who would vote/go for that, so make sure you drop into last week's news and cast your vote! ;)

And oh yes, we had a brilliant time for sure,

will do Vanessa. :)

Tom N.

crieniecat

Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:26 pm

Willem did you miss the collaboration Tom and I did? It was one of my poems and Tom wrote the music to it?
That's the proof you might want to see :)

Vanessa, I think you are sooooo right about all you've said!! So glad you found a decent way to describe it all!! :P B)

Thing is, I'm still trying to find the right words to share what we've experienced, I mean ~I gave it a non satisfying try and still am not able to do so... :unsure:

What can I say....I'm a writer and can write any kind of poem just like that, but for this "Poem" I'm lost in words.... :dry:
.....Hey...that might be a start for a poem ;) :lol: :kiss:

I'll make sure to get to the weekly news to put in my vote for the Swiss IGC!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

BobR

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:20 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Enough wine and Ill sing for anyone! This was first evening in the hotel room getting to know each other.
Cold Play, God Put a Smile on Your Face (pretty much the motto for the next 4 days).
Very nice Chris. It looks like a great smile on your face :)

Bob

BobR

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:27 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thanks for all the views and comments folks!

Here is the Family Von Trapp.... was waiting for Julie Andrews to pop up any moment....
Ness, Corina, Chris
Very nice indeed. I see Julie Andrews showed up at the end :laugh:

Bob

BobR

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:33 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Von Trapp Family part II
Chris, Corina, Ness

Another fine performance. Loved the harmonies.

Bob

I really enjoyed all the videos. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful time :)

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:27 pm

Thanks for all of these swell videos, TG-Von-Tramps (TG Tramps ?)

What with Vanessa's steady guitar, Corina's high melodies, and Chris being his versatile self,
this was even better than "The Sound of Music", 'cause no Nazis around :P

And performed with a view from the top of the world ! Best viewed on a WIDE screen, for sure ...

Chis, I predict that TG will make a song-and-dance man out of you yet ! All you need is just to practice a few moves :blink: :)

Memorable !
Pierre

P.S.: Vanessa, I agree that Mr. Chris is a gentleman and a great host ... seems it runs in his family ;)

sandysue

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:40 pm

Great job Chris, Ness, and Corina

I did a look and listen back a couple of pages and heard your videos of Bye Bye Love, and Sounds of Silence. It was a joy to listen. you guys really harmonize well together and of course Ness can Play absolutely anything. :) That place that you are singing is really beautiful like a picture. Thanks for sharing with all of us. :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic