Busking Lyric Collaboration #2

davidrfinn99165

Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:53 am

Hi - The lyrics collaborations recently reappeared at the top of the forum so this is my shot at Neil's Kristofferson style country trope... it was several months ago but here goes.. i guess i changed it a bit somewhere along the line.

a few guitar flubs and strangled vocals but i'm told it is time to get it out there..

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:05 pm

That looks like a great song,, is it a life story?

Where can I find the chords but most of all the country style? The style looks a bit like "tell me why" lets say bass notes strumming, hammerons etcetra..

Love it

Willem

daryl

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:01 pm

David, that was FANTASTIC! Loved all of it. And don't tell me you can's sing. Great job all around (even with the minor flubs). Thanks for posting.

davidrfinn99165

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:43 pm

Thx Daryl and Willem... and apologies to Neil for missing out his A7 chord, i took a few liberties with the original progression.

Willem - the chords are on Neil's original songwriting collaboration video.. i'm just using G C and D with the occasional D7, but my guitar is tuned down a whole step. The hammer-ons were improvised during filming this morning following some banter with Michele on the other thread - decided it needed a cowboy hat and some added yee-haw.

Autobiographical :lol: ??? I am afraid there were no Marilees or Peggy Sues within 4000 miles of where i grew up.

thereshopeyet

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:52 pm

David

That is impressive.
How long have you been playing?
I read Michelle's dig at letting inhibitions :dry: :ohmy: go but she is fearless !
You look very comfortable with it.

I suppose you couldn't get the horse on set too ?

Dermot

:)

dekotaj

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:52 pm

BRAVO!!!!

Hey Dave that was a lot of fun to watch.Enjoyed it.

Thank you
Kevin

willem

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:56 pm

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Thx Daryl and Willem... and apologies to Neil for missing out his A7 chord, i took a few liberties with the original progression.

Willem - the chords are on Neil's original songwriting collaboration video.. i'm just using G C and D with the occasional D7, but my guitar is tuned down a whole step. The hammer-ons were improvised during filming this morning following some banter with Michele on the other thread - decided it needed a cowboy hat and some added yee-haw.

Autobiographical :lol: ??? I am afraid there were no Marilees or Peggy Sues within 4000 miles of where i grew up.
Aha :laugh: , we have now 3# that kind of threads,, is it 1# or 2#

Willem

edit,,sorry,I see now it is 2#

michelew

Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:03 pm

I can't believe it! I can't watch your video. I'm just getting error messages. :(

It sounds like great fun. You even found the right hat!

Ok I'm searching for another device.

I'm dying with anticipation. :)

michelew

Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:11 pm

David,

Brilliant!! You've got a hit already. :) the chorus is still going around my head.

You've got this song writing thing happening in a major way. And in my humble opinion you nailed the country feel.

I love it! Yeeeeee-haaaaaaa! My hat's off to you and flying through the air.

Shel

davidrfinn99165

Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:29 pm

Thx Kevin, Dermot, and the fierce Shel, of course.

Dermot - a horse.. brilliant idea, !!! I can't quite remember when i started playing but lets just say it was a long while ago... back when elton john still had his own hair.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic