Busking Jim Croce Photographs and Memories

wrsomers

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:14 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

familyman4

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:20 am

Great song choice Bill! You did a great job on this song. (As usual)

Love to watch & listen to your posts....
Bart

daryl

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:24 am

Another well played and sung song. Very smoothly played.

Perhaps it's my old age, or my mood, but it seems to me that this song should be played more slowly than what you did. I don't know if you played it at Croce's speed or if you slowed it down a bit already. But, it's such a sad song, that I feel it should be played slower and with more feeling.

Thoughts? Opinions? Or should I just STFU?

wrsomers

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:28 am

Thanks Bart!

wrsomers

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:33 am

daryl wrote:

Perhaps it's my old age, or my mood, but it seems to me that this song should be played more slowly than what you did. I don't know if you played it at Croce's speed or if you slowed it down a bit already. But, it's such a sad song, that I feel it should be played slower and with more feeling.

Thanks Daryl. Actually Croce plays it even faster. I like it at this tempo for one reason; the base runs work and sound better. Please don't STFU because I always enjoy your feedback and critiques. It is a sad song. I'm sure that Croce meant it to be about a failed romance, but it can also be about a deceased lover. In any event, I've always been a huge Croce fan. I wish I had a guitar buddy that could do Maury's leads for me.

Bill

willem

Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:00 pm

wrsomers wrote:
daryl wrote:

Thanks Daryl. Actually Croce plays it even faster. I like it at this tempo for one reason; the base runs work and sound better. Please don't STFU because I always enjoy your feedback and critiques. It is a sad song. I'm sure that Croce meant it to be about a failed romance, but it can also be about a deceased lover. In any event, I've always been a huge Croce fan. I wish I had a guitar buddy that could do Maury's leads for me.

Bill

That shouts for a collab,not me but there are some good players here..

edit:For got to say I like this emotional song too and liked your's very much,,

sandysue

Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:27 pm

Really nice Bill. You have such a nice voice, thank you for sharing it with us. :)

Sandy

wrsomers

Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:26 pm

Thank you Sandy!

dekotaj

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:03 am

BRAVO Sir !!!!!!

What a great song.Written by my fav. artist Mr Jim Croce.That man could write some great lyrics.You been doing a lot of heavy lifting with all this great songs.Thank you for sharing them with all of us.

Kevin

wrsomers

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:14 pm

Thanks Kevin! It is my pleasure. Last night I had a real session in a professional studio. What an education. It is somewhat intimidating and I will have to go back and do it again; this time hopefully without so many mistakes (re-takes).

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic