Collab. Song writing challenge #2 - country song

michelew

Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:09 am

Well I promised David I'd add something to the song writing challenge #2. Here's where I'm up to with my attempt for a country song. It's really just a sketch, but I've been having fun putting it together. No video.

The structure is Verse, Verse 2, Chorus, Verse 3, chorus 2, end. I'm thinking the chorus isn't different enough. And...I really need to redo the rhythm guitar track (crappy strumming... But...)

There's no lyrics so far. If anyone is inspired to write some or wants to add anything to it go for it.

I had lyrics developing in my head for a kids song. But, they ended up not fitting this song.

Ciao for now.

Michele

Lavallee

Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:19 am

Looking very good with the slide and solo bonus, Michele looking forward to see the next step. Nice picture montage as well. The strumming is quite good, maybe just modify the strumming sequence for the chorus .

You always come up with good stuff

Marc

TGNesh

Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:56 am

Now what do you know, that was great!!! Very cool! :cheer:

I'm with Marc, looking forward to the next step. Way to go Shel! :kiss:

Ness

davidrfinn99165

Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:36 am

That's sounding great Michele.. love the slide on there as well.

Can't wait to hear it at the next stage... Maybe some lyrics on the subject of hats?? i'm thinking something along the lines of Mary Chapin Carpenter's "This Shirt' haha, that song is just waiting to be written. yee-haw!

willem

Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:13 am

Wow that was cool Michele,, love it.

Looking also to your pictures I thought can you give it a Australian swing (the pictures did) with the lyrics.

Willem Dundy B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic