Country song - song writing challenge #2 - with lyrics

willem

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:30 am

michelew wrote:
Thanks everyone. I'm blown away by everyone's comments. It's been wonderful reading them this morning. :blush: :blush: :kiss: :kiss:

i couldn't have done this without GarageBand. It's not hard to pull together some fairly easy to play tracks and make them sound better than their individual parts. For example, the bass track is either just roots or in the chorus I'm going between the root and the fifth. I think it adds a nice depth and it's really simple to play.

So if anyone's interested in writing songs with multiple tracks, I suggest you check out GarageBand if you haven't looked at it already. It's GREAT fun.

I'm glad you all found it funny. I definitely had a HEAP of fun making it. Who knew I had a country song in me. :) Yee-Ha!

Thanks everyone. You've all made my day.

So who's going next with a response to song-writing challenge number #2?

Shel
Hi Shell, I understand now that it was garageband what we hear? I really thought you played all that,,if! if it was (not sure) garageband what we heard that sounded pretty like real instruments.. :laugh: B)

Willem

Edit: I read elsewere (3#) a bout recording in garageband,,so you were playing this by your self,,, super!!

I know its a Apple thing ,,,pity..

michelew

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:39 am

I'm not sure whether you're joking Willem. No keyboard synthesier for this one (like the flute in the collab with Nessa). It was all real instruments. It was just my bass and my steel string. The steel string was strummed normally for the rhytm track, capoed up at the 5th fret and finger picked for the mandoline sounds, using a brass slide for the slide guitar and just flat-picked for the melody echos in the chorus, and singing too of course.

But I used GarageBand to put it all together and record it.

I think you'd really like it once you got into it. Of course I could have changed the quality of the guitar to make it sound like something else which is cool too, but choose not to this time.

M

willem

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:43 am

michelew wrote:
I'm not sure whether you're joking Willem. No keyboard synthesier for this one (like the flute in the collab with Nessa). It was all real instruments. It was just my bass and my steel string. The steel string was strummed normally for the rhytm track, capoed up at the 5th fret and finger picked for the mandoline sounds, using a brass slide for the slide guitar and just flat-picked for the melody echos in the chorus, and singing too of course.

But I used GarageBand to put it all together and record it.

I think you'd really like it once you got into it. Of course I could have changed the quality of the guitar to make it sound like something else which is cool too, but choose not to this time.

M
Not joking Michele and I was all wrong in my understanding, I edit my post above..poor understanding,, I thought garageband is something like Gpro(maybe it is )

then again,,what a super production

willem

michelew

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:47 am

No need to change your post, Garageband can actually make a lot of amazing sounds with just a midi keyboard. it's really cool. :)

And THANKS!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:42 am

Wow! How cool was that? Shel, you are having way too much fun for the price of your subscription, you'll have to pay double at this rate! Can't believe you play the whole thang! How far have you come in just a few short years, quite amazing. But there again, having spent 4 days together with 2 other TG girls, I should know better not to underestimate the wowness involved!

Great stuff Shel!

michelew

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:27 am

Thanks Chris! :) I absolutely have been having fun. Don't tell Matt, just in case ;)

You know I'm a sucker for a challenge. :)

You definitely look like you've been having big fun yourself. I imagine you're still on your way back to Earth. :)

Thanks sweet man.

Shel

thereshopeyet

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:19 pm

Michelle

Gee, that was fun, great music and video.

There's not much more I can add that hasn't been said so her's what the dogs dogs have to say.... :laugh: :laugh:

Dermot

BobR

Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi Michele,

That was fabulous. Great job. Cool little doggie too :)

Bob

dekotaj

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:56 am

My hats off to you sis!BRAVO!!!

You just jump right in to everything. The woman is just fearless.
Great job Michele.
Kev.
Give that good looking pooch a huge from a old fat man.

crieniecat

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:30 pm

Aaaargh Michele!!! How could I be late to this party!!! :S :dry: :(
What a joy to watch these pics and listen to your song.... In my head I was singing along, la la laaa, la la laa, la la la la la la laaaaaaa! :lol:
Loved it!!

And very nice to see a smile upon your face! Together with your doggies and the beautiful Aussie pics you can't go wrong! :P

Chapeau!!!
Corina. :kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic