Busking Songwriting Collaboration #3

davidrfinn99165

Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:55 am

Many thx Shel and Marc.....

Marc - thx again - I haven't done any other of my own songs tll this year.. it is Neil's songwriting challenges which have kicked me off so i guess i have always needed a collaborator. i should have replied to that ad from elton john in melody maker all those year ago, ah how different life could have been

Shel - your praise is overwhelming ! would love to collaborate on something and work on some tracks.. i guess i need to get into Garageband so will have a look at it this week... nb i did some lyrics for the hat song this morning, it just needs a good edit and a tune now !

/david

michelew

Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:23 am

Haha! The hat song. You're on fire!

I looked through my photos for inspiration. I do wear hats occasionally, but not often.

I look forward to hearing it. Song number three for your album perhaps. :)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:50 am

That was great David! I love a story-telling song. Well done, sorry I've been slow on catching these posts, been distracted!
Look forward to more....

Chris

TGNesh

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:18 pm

That was absolutely great David, réally enjoyed it, you're good!! :cheer:

Would you mind posting the lyrics please? I have bad hearing, as Chris very well knows now... :S No, not because of playing loud music :laugh:, I was born with it... :( Oh well...hopefully you don't have a soft talking voice, then I might hear you just fine at IGC :P.

Ness

TGNesh

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Must be Andy Willem. The past two years he was already traveling with his wife, like 2 months prior to camp, so he was in the US réally early. I have the feeling that he's doing it again, as in he has left already.

It sure ain't Tom or Dermot. Stuart....hmmm....could be of course, but not likely. Pretty sure it'll be Andy. :) I know why too, he left his fancy capo last year, he probably needs it by now! :laugh: :laugh: Just kidding! :P

willem wrote:
davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Thx all for your kind comments Sandy, Craig, Daryl and Willem :)

Haha Willem, i wish i were the mystery UK man in the USA this week but it is not me... i will be at my first Camp in a few weeks though !.
then the guessing can begin,,we have Andy,Dermot,Tom ,Rick and Stewart..I go for Dermot (bingo)

Willem

davidrfinn99165

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:49 pm

hi ness.. many thx for your kind comments... the lyrics are posted under the original 'new lesson..songwriting challenge 3.' thread from last monday ... still on the front page (just) on recent forum items... hope that's ok.

nb shel is doing some amazing work to add some other instrumentation, i am so thrilled at what she is doing.'

nb2 i don't think my speaking voice is too quiet haha.. certainly not when i've been drinking so shouldn't be a problem at camp :)

BobR

Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:41 pm

David,
I am late again :( Very nicely played and sung :)

Bob

crieniecat

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:52 pm

....David... WOW! B)
This is definitely my favorite.....nice story, good feel to it, broken voice as should be in this song...
I hope you will do me the favor to sing it for us at camp?

Wow again...sigh.... :P
Corina

davidrfinn99165

Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:28 am

Thx chris, bob, corina...

haha corina.. so long as you are singing at camp it would be churlish of me not to play this one.. i'll check it out first though with my songwriting partner, multi-instrumentalist , publicist and soon to be manager michele.. :)

michelew

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:54 am

As your soon to be Manager :), I reckon you should recruit a couple of lovely assistants from the audience like all good wizards do. Corina sings....Sandy plays the bass... So you've got a ready made support crew right there. :)

I wish I could hear it in person.

M.

Hey I think that's the first time I've been called a multi-instrumentalist. :) I've been dreaming Of the day. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic