Busking Bruce Springsteen My Hometown

wrsomers

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:47 pm

This is dedicated to Chris (neverfoundthetime) in response to his request for a Boss song. Chris I hope you enjoy this.
Bill

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:01 am

Bill, that was absolutely fabulous! Right from the first sung note you nailed that in 100% authentic Springsteen style. Really enjoyed it, big smile all over my face because that's exactly what I imagined. On a 12 string too! So, how did you do it? What were the components, a backing track?

Chris

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:13 am

Bill, that was absolutely fabulous! Right from the first sung note you nailed that in 100% authentic Springsteen style. Really enjoyed it, big smile all over my face because that's exactly what I imagined. On a 12 string too! So, how did you do it? What were the components, a backing track?

Chris

TGNesh

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:22 am

Well I have to say that Chris is absolutely right, Springsteen's voice suits you really well!

I know the song very well, since it's on the only album I have of BS (Born In The USA), you certainly did it justice, well done. Nice backing track.

Ness

wrsomers

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:31 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:

Chris
Thanks Chris and Ness!
What backing track? Living in Connecticut less than 100 miles from New Jersey, I just had the E Street Band sit in :laugh: :laugh: ;) . Seriously, I had a blast doing this one. I had to use Song Surgeon to lower the backing track from Amaj to F#maj to suit my range.The project was made more fun by knowing that I was doing it on request. Who knows, I might try another song of his. Just have to find the right one.

Thanks again,

Bill

familyman4

Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:20 am

Great job Bill. Loved hearing you play this tune.

Bart

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:09 am

.... I'm hearing Human Touch....

crieniecat

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:07 am

Bill you sang that very well!!
I fully agree with the others and Chris was perfectly right to ask you to do a Springsteen song.
It suits your voice like a glove.... :)

Keep 'm coming
Corina B)

wrsomers

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:21 am

Thanks Corina! I'm glad you liked it.

Chris, I'm not familiar with "Human Touch" but I'm willing to give it a go. That one has some pretty high notes in it. I listened to it on YouTube. It's a great song.

Bill

Music Junkie

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Bill:

That was a great cover on a great old tune. I love to play Downbound Train, but my voice is not as polished as yours.. :P

I have also been working on Atlantic City, but that is still in a very rough stage. I imagine you would do both of those tunes justice.

Thanks for sharing this one with us.

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic