Busking The Actor (Moody Blues) by Neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Thanks Bill, I will investigate bottom! Yes that's my BSG Dread 27F! Yes through the Roland AC60 amp. Yeah I kept the volume low... its past midnight here... :-). Thanks for tuning in!

tombo1230

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi Chris,
I have installed and upgraded to a pro system and I am listening to you on very good speakers.
This sounds like probably the best recording sound you have made. I was going to suggest you sit a smidge closer to the mic
but when I scaled the video up I can see you are close enough. Splitting hairs here though, it's pretty good.
Nice song, suits your vocal range, well done!! :)

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:18 pm

Thanks Tom! Great to hear from you that the sound is good! Then I know t is!

Yeah, I like this set up. I will maybe upload an pure acoustic song so you can hear what its like only through the camera.... pretty good!

Music Junkie

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Great job, Chris! As always, it is wonderful to hear you play and sing. I think the video was outstanding. The volume a little low, but that could just be my computer. Not so low that it was a problem though. I love the sound of the BSG!

I hope Ale enjoyed it as much as we did. Hope she is doing well.

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:40 pm

Thanks Jason, great to hear from you! Listen with headphones.... way better! :)

chacho

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Great job Chris and you make it look so easy, please tell me it wasn't one take! :P
I haven't heard that song before, I'm guessing you're a moody blues fan as I remember you playing a track by them in a guitar shop somewhere on the forum.

Marino

BigBear

Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:54 am

Chris- that was performed as only an Englishman can. I love that song and you did a fantastic job singing. What I would give to be able to get up to those Justin Hayward high notes...

Just beautiful my friend. Wie immer ausgezeichnet!!

Tschuβ!!

Craig

Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:59 am

Chris,

That was fantastic all the way around. Playing, vocals, and recording. Very enjoyable! ... My older brother is a big Moody Blues fan. I used to sneak in his room when I was a kid and listen to that album when he was out of the house. I haven't heard that song in years but you brought back some memories and you definitely did it justice!

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:49 am

Many thanks for tuning in Marino, Rick and Craig. Yes, the Moodies have so many memorable songs so its easy for me to resurrect one now and again. their albums never had a dud track on them. Yes, Marino, I am the resident Moody Blues fanatic at TG :laugh: And you can relax, it was take 2. :) Glad to hear your brother had so much sense Craig! And Bear, I really must record Forever Autumn some time for you!

Lavallee

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:19 am

Hi Chris, very good performance, with your moody blues signature voice. Your guitar always sounds rich. I thought I was a MB fan, but I did not know this one. I like the image from your camera, maaybe I am due for an upgrade.

Cheers

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic