Busking The Actor (Moody Blues) by Neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:10 pm

As requested by my dear friend Corina, here's The Actor, a lovely and very early Moody Blues song from 1968 on the album
In Search of The Lost Chord (not to be confused by Status Quo's in Search of the 4th Chord :-)). This was filmed with my new Sony HDR MV1 camera which has two lovely stereo mics and should render good sound (let me know if it is good or better than before). I was plugged into my Roland AC60 amp.

The Sony has a wide angle fixed lens so I am showing more than I intended.... next time I'll tidy up!! So far I am happy with the recording possibilities it gives me, quick and simple and good sound with reasonable picture quality considering it was low level lighting.

This is also for my beautiful daughter Alessandra. If songs could heal. I think they do.

willem

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:27 pm

Chris you have a really good sound, keep that settings, also for your voice.

Looks like a great song but never heard it, till now.

Oh and the picture is also allright..

I heard and seen this on my samsung tablet and earcups in!!

Thx

Willem

PS,, looks it is a great cam..

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:37 pm

Thanks for tuning in Willem, yeah, I like the camera in spite of the memory card trick Sony plays on us! Thanks for the support my Dutch friend (now I have 4!) :laugh:

crieniecat

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:45 pm

Fabulous...Chris...I Love it!! :woohoo: Thank you for recording this song!!

As some of you know Ness and I were at Chris his house and at several gorgeous other places near to Zurich, Switzerland last week, when he played this beautiful song which I liked from the very start. B) I couldn't get it out of my head when back in The Netherlands, so I asked Chris to please record it. :)

And I'm so very happy he did! :woohoo:
Really Very well Played and Sung, the sound quality is very clear too! Good camera, now it's working B)

I'm off to listen to it again....
So cool :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Corina.

ps songs do heal...

BobR

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi Chris,

I've not heard this song before but I thought it was very well done. :) And the sound from the new cam was really nice

Bob

TGNesh

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Yeah, I know that song now! ;) Very well done Chris! Also very nice to have an idea of the actual room you're in. :)

Camera quality is great, and yes even more so because it was already dark outside. When it's really cloudy or dark here, even with two very bright studio lamps (Corina knows how bright they are! :laugh: ) it's still sometimes hard to get a good picture. I still don't like the not being able to zoom in thing.... And btw does it work with iMac?

Many thanks for sharing Chris, yes I'd say, songs do heal. :) :kiss:

Big hug,

Ness

davidrfinn99165

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:03 pm

That's great Chris.. so cool to hear quite an obscure Moody Blues song performed with such confidence.

Just checking my cd shelf and that seems to be the only one of their 60s albums i don't have.. gonna order it now !
/ david

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Thanks Corina and Ness.... you know!

Thanks Bob and David!

Yes, David, you need this album some great and iconic sounds on this one!

Thanks for listening folks!

wrsomers

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:57 pm

Nicely played and sung Chris! Is that a BSG D27F? Good to see you busking again.How did you record this? Are you playing through an amp and letting the camera pick up the sound? If so, I would suggest you use more volume and bottom with the amp. Overall great job?

Bill

wrsomers

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:02 pm

That last punctuation was supposed to be !...not ? :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic