Busking The Actor (Moody Blues) by Neverfoundthetime

cosmicmechanic

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:55 am

Oh my GAWD: This is crossed busking: a Paul Reveres' tune in a Moody Blues' thread ...

Man, CHRIS : YOU ARE BUSTED !!!

Now what are we gonna do ? Impose some kinda community service on you ? :)

OK, back to the real world:
I'm very impressed with both of these informal performances.

It's EXCELLENT stuff ! I think you would get a kick from an open-mike

Are you considering something like this ?

Pierre

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:38 am

Hi Pierre, I realise this is a mind-stretcher but what the hell, you only live once! :laugh:

Thanks for tuning in. There are a few songs I would do at an open mic but I really hate the pressure of having to perform....
I like it best when I can take a very relaxed approach and just play from the bottom of my socks, so to speak, as the mood takes me. Nice to have the camera hand at these moments.

michelew

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:43 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
As requested by my dear friend Corina, here's The Actor, a lovely and very early Moody Blues song from 1968 on the album
In Search of The Lost Chord (not to be confused by Status Quo's in Search of the 4th Chord :-)). This was filmed with my new Sony HDR MV1 camera which has two lovely stereo mics and should render good sound (let me know if it is good or better than before). I was plugged into my Roland AC60 amp.

The Sony has a wide angle fixed lens so I am showing more than I intended.... next time I'll tidy up!! So far I am happy with the recording possibilities it gives me, quick and simple and good sound with reasonable picture quality considering it was low level lighting.

This is also for my beautiful daughter Alessandra. If songs could heal. I think they do.

I'm playing a little game of catch up today. I'm finally getting to videos I either watched and didn't get around to responding to, or didn't get to at all. Yours was the former. I watched it one lunch time and then ran out of time to respond. Well I'm finally back. I figure better late, very late.... sorry, than never.

This is a lovely and fun (mostly) tune. I don't know it. I really enjoyed your rendition.

Chris your set up sounds GREAT. I'm dead envious. Are you capturing sound through the guitar mic, the voice mic and the camera?? Regardless it sounds really good.

Nice knees. :P

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Thanks for catching up Shel, nice to see you here. So glad my knees are getting the recognition the deserve :-), after all, our mentor leads the way.

I have no mic built into the BSG so it all being recorded by the new Sony camera but I am plugged in and miced up on voice and guitar with separate mics fed into the Roland amp. I like the sound this amp gives.

crieniecat

Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:07 am

I'm a big Moodies fan, but haven't listened to anything of theirs in ages. (Although a friend of mine posted Justin Hayward's version of "Forever Autumn" on Facebook recently. That's "peripherally Moodies," I guess.) Very well done, Chris. B)

I really should get more MB albums on CD, and get a good turntable so I can dig out the vinyl that I have in the basement. I don't think any of those have been played in over 20 years.
Pretty sure there's a Days of Future Passed in the collection, and I dunno what-all else might be there.

Thanks for "reminding" me to work on "Nights in White Satin" again, after not playing it for ages. I haven't been on the forum for quite awhile, but I'm glad I visited tonight.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:24 am

Thanks for listening in! You are going to have a blast if you get your vinyl out and play those Moody's albums.... so many great songs! Maybe you'll play one and post...
Chris

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:54 am

Heh; my performance probably wouldn't be anything I'd post, but it would be fun to play it again after so long. My youngest sister played flute and saxophone when she was in high school, and sometimes we'd do guitar/flute duets. That was fun, but it was decades ago.
Somewhere around here, hidden in a desk drawer, is a cassette of me singing "Nights in White Satin" at karaoke. I can't remember if it was "NiWS" or "Yesterday" that I first won a karaoke contest with, but all that was "long ago and far away."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic