Busking an original song

jimcjimc

Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:03 pm

Thanks to all for listening and for the comments!

Willem - it was fun - During our trip to Europe last month, our favorite cities were Amsterdam and Copenhagen.

Daryl - Thanks as always for your support. The other thing going through my mind was "look at the camera, don't look at your hands" - it worked, next time I'll try to smile

Sandy, Shel, Bob, Vanessa, Jay, marc - Thanks!!!

The audio recording from the camp is on soundcloud at

jimcjimc

Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:16 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
btw Would love to read a report of the camp you've attended, the Puget Sound Guitar-Camp?

For example:

1 What kind of classes did you attend?
2 What was the highlight?
3 What did you learn as in, what did you take away mostly?

etc. etc. ;)
Hi Vanessa, just saw this - yes, it was PSGW - my third time there

I took 3 classes:

1) Basic fingerpicking - worked through some basic fingerpicking patterns over standards chords, some with slightly different fingerings . It was pretty basic, but a good class for me. Something I hope to work on quite a bit.
2) My second class was more of a fun class - Jug band music - singing and playing kazoo to some old jug band songs - it was a lot of fun
3) Singing with confidence - a basic singing class with a lot of emphasis on belly breathing. I was a bit nervous about it, but stuck with it and enjoyed the class a lot

So, I only took one guitar course, but very happy with my courses. I had more fun than I ever have had at one of these camps. I hooked up with some fun folks and went to more jams.

Writing a song and doing it at the student concert was certainly the highlight.

I usually come away from these camps with the following thought:

Instead of my current practice playing guitar in my office with the door closed and random practice/playing, I need to get out of the house and find some people to play with.

TGNesh

Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Many thanks for the report Jim, sounds great and like a lot of fun!

Playing with other people, yeah, you learn a ton from doing so and as I'm sure you know, that's a lot of fun too. Well if you make it to IGC 2015, there will be plenty of opportunities to do exactly that. :)

Thanks again!

Ness

jimcjimc wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
btw Would love to read a report of the camp you've attended, the Puget Sound Guitar-Camp?

For example:

1 What kind of classes did you attend?
2 What was the highlight?
3 What did you learn as in, what did you take away mostly?

etc. etc. ;)
Hi Vanessa, just saw this - yes, it was PSGW - my third time there

I took 3 classes:

1) Basic fingerpicking - worked through some basic fingerpicking patterns over standards chords, some with slightly different fingerings . It was pretty basic, but a good class for me. Something I hope to work on quite a bit.
2) My second class was more of a fun class - Jug band music - singing and playing kazoo to some old jug band songs - it was a lot of fun
3) Singing with confidence - a basic singing class with a lot of emphasis on belly breathing. I was a bit nervous about it, but stuck with it and enjoyed the class a lot

So, I only took one guitar course, but very happy with my courses. I had more fun than I ever have had at one of these camps. I hooked up with some fun folks and went to more jams.

Writing a song and doing it at the student concert was certainly the highlight.

I usually come away from these camps with the following thought:

Instead of my current practice playing guitar in my office with the door closed and random practice/playing, I need to get out of the house and find some people to play with.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic