TG original song collaboration - My Father's Hat - David and Michele - The Time Zone Zombies

sandysue

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:05 pm

That was awesome David and Michele, I really enjoyed the music and the way that you collaborated. That must have taken a lot of coordination between the two of you. So fun to watch the video. thank you

Sandy

michelew

Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:03 pm

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for all your wonderful responses to our collaboration. It sure was fun doing it and your support, encouragement and praise has been the icing on the cake. I feel blessed to be able to share our work with such an appreciative audience.

Now to inidividual comments.

Nessa - you put the BIGGEST smile on my face. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter response. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm hoping that you might like to join us for a collaboration or two...or ... more. :) :kiss: :kiss:

Marc - that's a hell of a compliment. Thanks!

Daryl - Thanks! Yep you well know what's involved in putting these sort of projects together. Work, fun, obsessive activity... Whatever you want to call it, we're planning to do it again so either we're both a little crazy or... it's just too much fun. Cowbell - haha! It's funny you mention cow bell. I was in the city music store the other day to pick up some percussion stuff, (a couple of shaker eggs) and the cowbells looked at me with a smouldering "you know you want to take me home, what's stopping you?" expression. Mischievous temptsters. :) we'll see what we can do for a further project. :) feeling motivated to play yet?

Tom - thanks! Hat on a chair. I hear you. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bob - great to hear you "think" you enjoyed it. :P I'll take awesome any day.

Jim - thanks, it was fun. You know how much fun it is to create a new song. :)

Willem - let me know how it sounds in the cab. Maybe you can promote it for us. Let us know if anyone says "who's that band?" On paper you say, well you've got the lyrics and the progression. David can decide whether he wants to copyright his song and make money from the sheet music. :) our first declared TZZ fan. Oh world fame has begun. :)

Bart - David sure did a great job on the lyrics and expression. I couldn't agree with you more. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Sandy - thanks! Yeh there were quite a few emails and DropBox got a big work out. It's definitely great fun. Hey! If David performs any of his songs at camp, he might want to recruit a bass player. Know any who might be there? ;)

Thanks everyone! Smiling here.

Shel

michelew

Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:56 am

daryl wrote:
Extremely impressive all around. Ya done good! That was a ton of work to put together. Well done. But no cow bells?

For those of you who missed the "more cow bell" skit. :)

Enjoy.

M

chacho

Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:59 am

Bravo that was awesome.
You compliment each other perfectly.
I can't begin to imagine how difficult that was to sync everything in.

A job well done

auntlynnie

Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:51 am

David and Shel,
That was so great! I loved it!
A lot of hard work and inspiration.
Cheers,
Lynn

michelew

Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:05 pm

Marino and Lynn,

Thanks so much for your wonderful responses. So glad you both enjoyed it. And I think you're right Marino, David and I make a pretty good team. We're both a little crazy too, which has got to help; e.g. we're both prepared to give something a go even if we're not certain we can pull it off. :) It definitely makes things fun.

Thanks!

M

michelew

Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:05 pm

...oops! Double post. Please remove.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:47 pm

A man goes away for a few days on holiday and all the interesting stuff happens!
Lovely job you two, or should I say the TZZ! There is so much in that video to be proud of from the song writing, performance and recoding. Excellent job all round and a real quality production, great to listen too.
Pizza all round!

Chris

fjeanmur

Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:47 pm

Hey David and Shel,

I also just got around to watching your video. It's a great collaboration and I can see how it took a lot of work and time away from sleep. My "hat's off" to both of you! Once again you've shown us how distances are not barriers here at TG. It all came together superbly.

Jean

sbutler

Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:51 pm

That was really cool guys. I like that a lot. Keep em coming!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic