Busking Paul Stookey Wedding Song Studio Version

wrsomers

Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:13 pm

As some of you know, I have been recording in a studio. A birthday gift from my children. I recorded this song before in my home studio and posted it on this site. This is a re-post without video, as there were no cameras in the studio. The studio microphones are high grade and I think the sound from them is amazing. The sound engineer was really good (and patient due to my multiple takes). Anyway here's the result. I hope you enjoy. This recording will be given to my daughter who has two small children. It is my hope that one day they might use it at their weddings since A, I won't be there, or B, will be too old to sing and play :-)

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

wrsomers

Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:17 pm

wrsomers wrote:
As some of you know, I have been recording in a studio. A birthday gift from my children. I recorded this song before in my home studio and posted it on this site. This is a re-post without video, as there were no cameras in the studio. The studio microphones are high grade and I think the sound from them is amazing. The sound engineer was really good (and patient due to my multiple takes). Anyway here's the result. I hope you enjoy. This recording will be given to my daughter who has two small children. It is my hope that one day they might use it at their weddings since A, I won't be there, or B, will be too old to sing and play :-)

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.
Try this link:

NKenny

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:01 pm

Bill

That was great, what a wonderful gift for you daughter and grandchildren. Lets hope you will be at their wedding and be singing the song to them.

Kenny

familyman4

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:15 pm

What a great idea Bill. And you sounded wonderful!

Bart

davidrfinn99165

Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:33 pm

The sound quality is great Bill. What a fantastic present.. i guess we'd all love to have the opportuntiy to go into a studio. How long did you have in there??

.. and great playing and singing as well.

BobR

Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi Bill,

Very nicely done. Great gift for you and will be great gift from you :)

Bob

wrsomers

Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Thanks Kenny, Bart, David & Bob. David, I had 5 hours in the studio and used all of them to record 3 songs: The Wedding Song, Don't Think Twice and If You Could Read My Mind. It was a lot of fun. The toughest part was trying to get through each song with no mistakes. Very hard to do. Many takes. Fortunately the engineer was able to punch in some correct licks over the mistakes. I did the Wedding Song guitar part first and then added the vocal track. The other two songs were done all on one track. I will probably go back again and try to put together a full CD. Once I save up some $. $45 per hour. This studio (Trod Nossel) is well known and only 3 miles from my house. Thanks for listening.

Bill

buddy

Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Bill, That's a special song for a special day to come. Really enjoyed it. Bud

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi Bill, I can't access your video... :-(

Craig

Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:29 pm

Me too, I keep getting a, "video you requested is not available" message :( ???

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic