Collaboration - Low Road Blues - Time Zone Zombies

michelew

Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:11 am

We're back! Hopefully you're not sick of us yet. :)

This song took a different path or should I say road. It started with a genre (David suggested the Blues). I created a bass line. And we pretty much built it from there. It was definitely fun.

Actually I discovered something about myself that sort of cracks me up and is embarrassing at the same time. In addition to having guitar faces, I have singing the blues faces. But then.... Maybe you knew that already. Since Dermot reckons I'm fearless I decided to just let it out there. :)

What else did I learn that I need to learn...I need to learn how I can sing high/loud notes without overwhelming the mic but still have the mic close enough to catch my low range. For this song, my solution was to pull back my whole body. If it looks strange, that's what's happening.

OK enough explanations.

Here's Low Road Blues. We hope you enjoy it.

Low Road Blues

Some people are lucky,
Some people get rich
They’re up there on the high road
I’m down here in the ditch
Guess I must have taken a wrong turn
Just can’t work out which

Sometimes I’m wondering
Just where i should go
Gotta get me a better destination
But my tank is too low
Seems like everyone’s running on empty
‘least everybody I know

I gave all my money
To my man with his big ideas
He made me a promise
We'd be cruisin’ in a year
I ain’t seen him in a long time
He’s out there and i’m still here...

Instrumental break

Daytimes i’m weary
My evenings are cursed
Night-times i’m a hostage
To something that’s worse
When i think of my tomorrows
I’m lookin' for reverse

One thing they tell ya
Anyone can start again
I worked out a while back
Life means nothing without friends
My man's out there somewhere
He have no-one in the end

Instrument lines

Low road or the high road
It don’t matter either one
They both go the same way
We're all driving t'ward the sun
I’m still on the low road,
... fear my troubles just begun...

willem

Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:43 am

I say keep on the low road if that brings you the blues..

Nice slow blues and faces.

I think you can sell it to Clapton (maybe he would change the key and plays his famous E riffs) :laugh: B)

Willem ( love the blueZ)

jayswett

Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:48 am

These videos are unbelievable. The music, the effort, the technical hurdles. Well done.

wrsomers

Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:24 am

David, great job. Lyrics are very good. I enjoyed your noodling.

Bill

TGNesh

Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:09 pm

WOW!!!! :cheer:

I'll be back, although a simple WOW does express pretty much what i'm thinking after watching this awesome collaboration, but I'll be back! :)

sandysue

Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:31 pm

Excellent job David and Michele. You sound really great together. Michele, your singing is really nice. :)

Sandy

BobR

Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:49 pm

David / Michele,

Gotta pay your dues if you want to sing the blues and you've both done that :) B)

Excellent performances

Bob

auntlynnie

Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:52 am

Michele and David,
That was great!
I loved it!
Lynn

neverfoundthetime

Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:07 am

Above and beyond the call of duty guys.... you are having WAY too much fun :laugh:

michelew

Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:36 am

Thanks so much everyone! It's sbsolutely wonderful getting such good feedback. This has been another fun one for me. It absolutely made me want to improve my skills in a bunch of areas too. I know David enjoyed himself too.

David is great to collaborate with. Our differences do seem to complement each other pretty well I think. He's on his way to camp, so I presume he won't be responding to this thread in the next little while. So I'll take a bow for both of us.

Willem - thanks! Yeh I was hoping you would enjoy this one. Well if Clapton comes a knockin' we'd love to work with him. ;)

Jay - I'm sure you could pull something like this together too if you had the inclination. I'm really glad you liked it.

Nessa - I (in fact I'm sure WE) absolutely LOVE getting that response from you. And I'm dying in anticipation to find out what else you might say about why you liked it when you return. I hope you have a fantastic camp. :kiss: :kiss:

Sandy - thanks! So nice to hear you like my voice. I'm self conscious about it in truth and need to learn how to sing properly, but I'm still enjoying myself; blues faces and all. :)

Bill - Yeh David sure does know how to write lyrics. Actually while David wrote the original set of lyrics for this one, the final set is a joint effort. His noodling is really atmospheric I have to agree.

Bob - that's GREAT to hear. 'Dues' was actually in the lyrics at one point :) as it happens.

Lynn - thanks! Music to our ears. :)

Chris - Nah! No such thing. :) Perhaps we can borrow your beautiful voice at some point. :) it sure is fun. I'm guessing you could use a little more fun too.

Thanks everyone.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic