Collaboration - A Spool of Thread - The Time Zone Zombies

michelew

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:16 pm

Thanks so much everyone for all of your wonderful responses. Collaborating with David is fun all by itself, but getting feedback like this really rewarding.

Sandy - thanks. My partner in music mischief is a DAMN good song-writer. I'm glad you enjoyed this one.

Nessa - WOW! There so much in your response that puts a HUGE smile on my face. I wasn't trying to replicate any lead playing in particular, but hearing that you think it's like the Eagle's stuff makes me very happy. They've got so many cool songs it would be hard not to be influenced by them right. On my way to being a multi instrumentalist, woo hoo! Well you know it's a goal of mine, basically to play like you do on so many instruments. I've only got what?.....thirty years of catching up to do? :) well I'm not dead yet. :) and I would LOVE to perform some of our songs with you and David. Once we're all confirmed, I'm happy for you to pick any of my parts that appeal to you, or of course there are a couple of guitar noodles on this one too that you might enjoy. How COOL would that be?!! Thanks so much sweetie. I always love getting your feedback. :kiss: :kiss: oh and it's good to hear we're about half way through. I wonder how many people today wouldn't get the expression "flip the record"?

Chris - thanks! That's all great to hear. Yes I really like David's Playing on this too, especially in the beginning. I developed the lead in a couple of ways. I was listening to the song while walking around and I just started singing a lead part that I was hearing. I recorded bits of it on my phone. When I got home I looked for the notes on the guitar. I also just noodled while playing various bits on repeat. Actually it came together surprising quickly. Getting it to sound right was a bigger challenge. Heaps of fun. Give it a go.

David - this has been another cool project. I love the way you've been supportive of my experiments. I feel like we really do work collaboratively to work out which bits work and which bits need tweaking. This partnership of ours has given me the freedom to try new things out, lead playing being one that I wouldn't normally do. Thanks for being who you are. I'm loving this adventure. It was Coco's idea to play the role of the bell hearing dog who thought she also heard a door opening. She's good at being in character, very creative. :)

Marc - I LOVE hearing all of that. And having a groupie like you is AWESOME! Thank you :blush:

Bill - firstly I'm sorry that you're feeling hurt that I haven't responded to more of your videos. Feeling slighted is absolutely no fun. Actually, I'm finding that I'm not responding to anywhere near the number of videos I used to respond to for one reason or another. I do need to do that more. I hope other TGer's aren't feeling the same way. I do notice that videos are up most of the time. I often intend to go back to them when I have time. Sometimes it just doesn't happen because I'm being distracted. So thank you for looking past the hurt and giving me such high praise. It's always wonderful to hear that. I absolutely agree with you about David's lyric writing. He's definitely got the knack. Thanks.

Willem - thanks! I take it you enjoyed it. :) this show will indeed continue to roll on. :)

Bob - thanks! Cool is great to hear. So how many PIPs is too many? Have we reached that point. I was definitely having a little trouble spacing them at the end. I almost left the organ video out. Maybe I'll need to send you all magnifying glasses if the trend continues. :)

Jay - Thanks. It's great to hear that we're getting better at this. In addition to having fun, I know I'm learning heaps. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks again everyone. I'm glad you've enjoyed this one because we're intending to be back.

Shel

crieniecat

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:35 am

Wow again a fabulous performance of one of my favorite groups here on TG! :woohoo:

I'm guilty too of not being able to see or respond to every thread or video, mostly due to lack of time, or not taking the time for it.
But....when I do make the time for it, it's always been rewarding! :blush: B)

Thanks Michele and David for another masterpiece. Hope you two haven't forgot I too have been your groupie since the first song came out ;)
Keep em coming...and See you guys at the European TG camp!! (fingers crossed to ensure you'll be able to come over too Michele!)

Cheers
Corina :kiss: :kiss:

daryl

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:22 am

Extremely impressive all around! I especially liked the rhythm playing, the bass playing (and the way it came into the song), and the electric guitar stuff. Since you're halfway through the songs on your first album, it's probably time to start thinking about a title for the album and a picture for the cover. Perhaps Dermot could do the artwork for the cover?

Craig

Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:38 pm

Great job you two! I'm really happy for both of you that you are having so much fun doing this. The quality is really good.

Shel, It has been awesome watching you grow as a musician since the very beginning of TG. Thanks for the ride!

Craig

michelew

Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:54 pm

Thanks!

Corina - don't worry we haven't forgotten that you've been a self-professed fan from day one. In fact it's due to you that we have a name; that the Time Zone Zombies were born in effect. I think you've even got David working on t-shirt designs since you've put your order in. Well we're working on the album and your name is on the pre-orders list for sure. :) thanks for the cheers of support. And I ABSOLUTELY hope I can join you in Europe. How fun would THAT be?

Daryl - Thanks! That's high praise. Thanks for mentioning the bass in particular. I was going for something a little different on this one. I've still go so much to learn in the bass department. I imagine you might say start learning Sir Paul's lines. Of course you're right. Yep we've got a few names for the album, which we're tossing around. In fact, because there are a few we might have to keep going with the song thing. :). Album cover, Yeh good one. We'll need to get working on that. Gosh there's so many things to consider with this album business. :)

Craig - firstly, sorry I only just got to your C-Wahine upload. You really did a lovely job with that one. Thanks for being so supportive yet again. It's really nice to hear that I've been growing as a musician. I still find it hard to say that about myself, but I guess it applies to some extent even if I'm not the muso I'd like to be yet. So much to learn. Really great to hear you enjoyed this one.

Thanks!

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic