Busking AMERICA's Riverside by neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:12 am

Thanks for tuning in Shel, Bart and Marc, thanks for the kind comments.

Yeah Shel, finally using a pic on all strumming songs these days, a much better sound. Still trying to master holding it as Neil teaches with just the index finger bent at first joint but often have to revert to support from middle finger.

This is my recording corner Bart and it works well for videos but as soon as I turn the camera on and have to sit up to the guitar and vocal mics, I am not very relaxed as it feels so hemmed in but I find recording every now and then helps to improve performance and all the things you have to deal with along with getting the hands and voice right!

Hi Marc, what are you working on? The passage you mention on D is the last bit I worked out, may not be entirely right but if sounds passable, I'm happy! What I could improve on was the up strokes, the syncopation on the right hand, I could "hear" it better (how it should be) in my head after watching the upload. Also my left hand had time to relax a little, in the recording my fingers were tired and a bit dull. Maybe if I learn the solo parts I will record again to show.

sbutler

Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:34 am

Chris, I can tell by the quality of your sound, that you've worked on that song. Its a real toe tapper and fun to listen to. Great job buddy. Your there!!
Scott

wrsomers

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Chris,
Although I'm not a big fan of America, I really enjoyed your performance. Great job on the rhythm and focused picking. Your Sony camera gives you a great, clean sound. Thanks for busking.

Bill

buddy

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Chris, So nice to see you posting more videos as I always enjoy your playing and singing. Awesome job on a great classic tune. Love the background in the video as well. Now that you are all set-up keep them coming. Bud

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:30 am

Many thanks for listening and commenting Scott, Bill and Buddy. It sure does make a difference having a corner where everything is set up and you can just flip a switch and record what you are working on at the mo and you know that the sound and picture is good.

pbraun

Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:13 am

Great job Chris, that takes me back to a concert many years ago!
Pete

TGNesh

Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Very very nice Chris, you and your vocals, your guitar and sound system sound just great!

Can't wait to get together and jam again too! :cheer:

In the meanwhile, loved to see you again here! :)

Ness

crieniecat

Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:53 pm

What more can I add? :)

Very {!} enjoyable to listen to, as always...
And you don't seem uncomfortable sitting there, but hey, I know the feeling when that camera starts recording...brrrr :lol:

Keep them coming!
Corina :cheer:

willem

Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:40 pm

Chris,keep on strumming.

W.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:04 am

Thanks Pete, Vanessa, Corina and Willem! I shall keep strumming nd keep them coming best I can...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic