Collaboration: When - The Time Zone Zombies

BobR

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:24 am

Michele & David,,

Great collaboration all around :) . A very haunting tune to be sure.

Bravo to the Time Zone Zombies.

michelew

Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I've just LOVED reading everyone's responses to this song. I had quite a bit of angst at different stages with this one and your sweet and generous comments have just blown all of that away. Thank you.

Marc - Thank you, thank you, thank you! Thanks especially for being so detailed in your response. It's so great to hear all of that. Pink Floyd, interesting. As Ness knows, there are a few Jason Marz influences in this one; namely the picking pattern and a couple of the Em chord shapes. I just love the sound of those two especially when combined with fingerpicking where you can hear the individual notes. I'm so glad you could hear the bass notes clearly. I didn't get quite the sound I was looking for there, but the aLaska Pik did do the trick. Yeh I liked the mandolin-ish sound at the top of the chorus phrases. Got to love those moveable chord shapes and the colours the open strings create.

Yeh I LOVE David's solo on this especially; it just gets better and better. It definitely deserves centre stage.

Chris - WOW! That's some comparison. :) best vocals ... Thanks! :) I've got to admit I love hearing that. I'm still so self-conscious about the whole singing thing. No guts, no glory right? :) the song-writing thing is sort of torturous at times, but I do love it. Yeh chocolate to the rescue. I've suggested to David that we try to write an uplifting one soon. Wish us luck.

Nessa - ... That's the aim of course... Getting that response from you, who is such an expert at touching people with your playing and singing, ... Well that's the best I could wish for. Thanks Ness. It really means the world to me to hear you say all of that. And great idea about posting all the tracks when we declare the album finished. We'll of course need to work out which order to put them in. :)

Craig - thanks. Vocal confidence, thank you. It's funny now the confidence thing can help so much, I guess it's true of playing too. It sure has been a grand adventure. If you're tempted you should definitely try it. And know it's SO much more fun when you have someone to collaborate.

Corina - I'm SO glad you enjoyed this one. Gosh I'm sure you would make it even more emotional and heart-wrenching if you'd sung it. Your singing on Foolish Games, well shoots straight to the heart. I'm definitely a fan of yours. Ahhh an mutual admiration society. :)

Bill - thanks! That's great to hear. The flute was fun. I'd love to learn it for real some day. :)

Bart - thanks. Yeh you go the story, it's a pretty familiar one to most people at some point in their lives I'm guessing. The lyrics sort of speak for themselves I guess, but it's often the music that really brings on the emotional response, well that's what you hope to achieve when writing songs like this of course.

Sandy - thank you. I anticipate that you won't have to wait as long for the next one. The tour, Yeh good question. :)

Bob - thanks, haunting is great to hear.

Thanks again everyone. And thanks to my sweet and funny song-writing partner. If it wasn't for your constant encouragement and support in so many different ways, this one would still be a very long progression that may never have seen the light of day. I'm loving the ride.

Shel

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:22 pm

Shel and David:

I truly enjoyed that. With the haunting music and vocals, it reminded me of some old Fairport Convention. Shel, your vocals, playing and mixing are REALLY shining these days. David, I love to watch you noodle around. I think your little fills really added some great texture, and were just enough (not too much).

You guys will have an album before long. I love to see this kind of thing going on here. It is a beautiful testament to the community we have. Keep up the great work!

Jason

willem

Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:33 pm

wow what a great song,for me the best off all..I did'nt got a big smile on my face I was quiet,quiet as a mouse till the end and still 'm..so great..

w.

dekotaj

Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:35 am

BRAVO!!!

You two are doing a bang up job on these song. And the best part,looks like your having fun doing them. The very best you two.

More please
Kev.

tombo1230

Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:02 pm

You two are creating lovely songs together, very creative and beautiful. Well done, loving your work!! :)

Tom N.

auntlynnie

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:05 am

Wow! Don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said.
Lovely and haunting.
Wonderful job once again!
Lynn

davidrfinn99165

Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Thx so much Tom, Kev, Willem.. and of course my guitar camp friends Lynne and Jason.

Your responses in terms of encouragement and support mean so much to both of us. In the end it is all for fun, and a great part for us of the TG experience. Maybe just another four songs to go for our first album.... i'm sure the australian zombie is preparing a drum track for the next one even as we speak.

/ david

michelew

Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:58 am

Jason, Willem, Kev, Tom Lynn,

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond personally. I just wanted to say that I loved reading all of your comments. They really mean a lot to me. It's just fantastic to hear that our efforts are being appreciated.

And David's right, I have been working on a new drum track. I think this one will get the blood pumping a little more than the last track. :)

Thanks!

Shel

kelemenj

Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:36 am

Michele and David,

I haven't participated in the forum much for the past few months so the "Time Zone Zombies" flew under my radar. Corina mentioned you in a post on my thread so I checked it out.

I watched 6 of the videos and I am pretty much blown away. I love the music, the lyrics, the ethereal quality of Michele's vocals, the understated and plaintive delivery of David, I could go on.

In short, you have my respect and admiration for what you created. So consider me a fan! I am exited to hear more!

Kind Regards,
John

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic