Collaboration: When - The Time Zone Zombies

michelew

Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:36 am

Hi everyone,

It's been a little while, but we're back with song number six; When.

This one started as a progression, which initially had three sections. Actually at one point the song had another verse too. They say good writing is re-writing. We've found that the same is true of song-writing.

We hope you enjoy it. I highly recommend that you listen to it through headphones.

When

When ...
Was it all just in my mind
Now the magic’s lost in time
It feels so very long ago
You and I once were so close
The one I’ve longed to be with the most
Is now someone I don’t know, don’t know

When
Were you just some sweet surprise
That I now realise
May never come again
You were holding me so tight
It felt so deep, it felt so right
But this is now..
And that was then...

I remember when, I remember when
Those warm summer days, when we began
I remember when, I remember then
Those starry nights, when you took my hand

Solo

I remember when, I remember when
Those crazy highs, that adrenaline
I remember when, still remember when
Your fiery eyes, your passion then

Will we connect in time?
In your world or maybe mine
Only time will tell
I think I’ll always hold a flame for you
Whatever you feel, whatever you do
I’ll care for you, I will always care for you
that you of then....

Lavallee

Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:05 am

Bravo Michele and David, very good new style of song. Interesting finger pattern from Michele on pink floydish chords using the new thumb pick. The bass line comes out nice and clear. The tonality of the strumming chords during the chorus is very good.

It is well supported by the accompanying picking of David. I also like the flute background along with David's noodling which gives a lighter sound to the song. Really like the singing Michele on a very well written lyrics. I also like the arrangement during the solo where the strumming presence is lighten down to give predominance to the well played solo from David.

Difficult to say which song is the best but I really like this one.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:16 am

Wow, I thought I might be listening to something from Bergman-Legrand! Very well done both of you. Shel, your best vocals to date, getting better and better. Can there be a better way to spend your time than writing and performing your own songs? Very melancholy, so now I need chocolate!

TGNesh

Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Wow......that one sure touched me....

I thought everything worked really well, the flute, the guitarplaying, all the noodles and solo, the vocals and such beautiful, heartbreaking lyrics on top of that....What an awesome job you two!!

So that was really song number 6? Gosh, you're on such a roll!! :ohmy: :cheer: At one point, you gotta open a new thread and copy paste all your videos in there. It'd be fun to hear and see them all lined up. :)

Wow....

Ness

Craig

Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Great job you two!

That's a really nice song. Shel, nice job on your vocals. The confidence you have gained over the years really shows. David, your guitar parts really add depth to the song without being too much...

I'm very happy for both of you that you have found this adventure together. Very cool.

Craig

crieniecat

Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:14 pm

A little bird told me to check out TG today... ;)
So glad I did...

How cool! Shel and David...wow!
All sounded great, loved the Guitar solo from David and.... my oh my... those stunning lyrics... sigh...

Chapeau!! Encore!!

A deep bow from a humble fan
Corina :kiss:

davidrfinn99165

Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:46 am

Thx so much Marc, Chris , Ness, Craig and Corina for your kind and generous comments. It really does help give us the confidence to set off towards the next song.. and the completion one day of our album maybe !

I'm pleased you like the new sound of this one... it has been a pleasure for me to just sit in and guitar-noodle while Shel brings this one home. As well as the clips which are on the video, michele of course has put together the other tracks, the flute and strings, and mixed and produced the sound and video. She is multi-talented. I really must learn another instrument, handclaps maybe ?

And the Bergman-Legrand comment is a huge compliment thankyou.. i've been trying for weeks to describe to people how this one would sound without being able to articulate it. If we even got remotely close....

Right, off to practice those handclaps.

David

wrsomers

Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:30 am

Great job Shel and David. Haunting melody and lyrics! I especially liked the flute. I envy your songwriting abilities.

Bill

familyman4

Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:04 am

Very nicely done you two! You really have the process down now for making video's with your songs. The PIP process looks great and I know how tough it can be to synk the music up with the video's correctly. So again, great job with the editing!

Also a well written song for a collaboration! Someone has had their heartbroken and has the scars to prove it :( It comes through load and clear when reading the words along with the music. (I guess that's the magic of music isn't it)

Thanks and keep them coming!

Bart

sandysue

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:34 am

Hi David and Michele

Another excellent song. :) When are you guys going to start touring and promoting your first album. Thanks for sharing the fun. can't wait to hear your next new creation. :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic