Busking Neil Young Re-make of Cowgirl in Sand using my new guitar

michelew

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:38 am

Gosh that's a beautiful guitar you've got there Bill. It sounds fantastic.

I especially liked the beginning of performance.

I hope she brings you a heap of happiness.

Michele

wrsomers

Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:07 am

Thank you Michele.

willem

Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:16 am

wrsomers wrote:
[quoteWillem - Thanks, I enjoyed doing it again. I don't think there is much chance of me doing "Old Man" I can't find a comfortable vocal range. I will never be able to hit A4. I can do it falsetto, but my falsetto sounds awful. Sort of like a wounded frog :P

Bill[/quote]

Hi Bill

Did you try tuning down a whole step?

Willem

dekotaj

Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:22 am

wrsomers wrote:
Due to neverfoundthetime's demo of a Taylor 914ce, I fell in love with that guitar and went out and bought one. The sound is amazing and the new ES2 pickup system gets an amplified acoustic guitar as close to unplugged sound as possible.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

BRAVO!!
I did enjoyed your playing and singing very much. Very nice looking and sounding guitar.

Looking forward to watching your work.
Kevin

BobR

Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Hi Bill,
That was great all around, playing , singing and what a beautiful guitar.

Thanks for your post

Bob

jayswett

Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:44 pm

I echo what everyone else said. Nicely done. Great performance. One of your best, I'd say. Of course, I am a Neil Young fan.

sandysue

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Hi Bill

I've learned Fire and Rain now, and I play it everyday. I really love that song. I've been trying really hard to video myself playing and singing it, so that I can post it on TG but I keep making a mistake or two just when I think I'm on the home stretch. After about the 100th take my poor left hand starts wearing out and I have to go put my guitar down for a while. But one of these days soon I'm gonna get a decent take and then I will post it. :)

Sandy

wrsomers

Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:15 am

Kevin, Bob, Jay - Thank you.

Willem - I haven't tried any drop tunings for "Old Man" yet but maybe I'll give it a try.

Sandy - I feel your pain about recording jitters. I've more than once gotten almost through a recording only to mess up in the last measures. I can give you a tip about that: Don't worry about making mistakes, it happens to EVERYONE. Rev. Blind Gary Davis said if you worry about making mistakes you are doomed to fail. In other words, stay in the moment; almost always we make mistakes because the worry of failure or the excitement of completing something successfully takes us out of the moment and we start thinking ahead (or looking back to a tiny mistake we just made). That's when we mess it up. I'm a golfer and have had that happen to me many times...I reach the 16th, 17th or 18th hole at or near par and I start thinking about shooting a career round, then boom, it all falls apart. Same thing for music. Hope this helps.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic