Collaboration: Perception - The Time Zone Zombies

davidrfinn99165

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:52 am

Thx Bill, everyone.... we really appreciate all the comments.

Well i guess the happy song will come out one day, hopefully in time to balance out the album haha. Sometimes our lyrics do start out happy and then turn in another direction... maybe we should deliberately set out to write a sad song and it will turn back in a happy direction.. or maybe it's all about Perception.

seeya soon/ David

crieniecat

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:11 am

David I hear you... When I write my poems they always lead me to different ways than I had in my thoughts when started :unsure:

In my case very good though, I used to write very "dark" poems but always a positive glimps would just pop up :blink:
Guess even in my darkest nights there is this obviously powerful sunlight thingy, feeling the need to brighten things up :laugh: oh well :P

Just curious... something I never could myself... Did you ever write a love-song, an ode to whomever? Can we expect it on the album? :woohoo:

That request list keeps getting longer and longer!! B)

Cheers
Corina.

dekotaj

Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:08 am

Bravo Shel and David !!

Got a real toe tapper there. Thank for letting us in on the fun you two are having.
Keep up the good work.

Kev

michelew

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Hey Kev! I always love reading your 'Bravos'. Yeh we had heaps of fun doing this one. The tempo really added to that. We were going for a change; though I originally recorded each hand of the piano separately when roughing out the sound and structure of the song and it took me a while of practicing to get both hands (playing simultaneously) up to speed. All good fun. :)

Will you be posting anything soon? Working on an Adele song? I too am enjoying her new album.

Shel

davidrfinn99165

Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:52 pm

Thx Kev... it's great that you are sticking with us on this mad excursion.... every new song is uncharted territory, and the generous support we are receiving here helps keep us from falling off this road.

And Corina.. of course, our first fan ... we're gonna be ready for those album cover designs soon... we're working on two new songs at the moment.... and of course they are all love songs in at least some way really. Have i ever written a direct love-ode to somebody ?? hmm, well that would be telling!! B) B) :cheer:

/ david

Lavallee

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:10 pm

A little late here guys but I really enjoy: good drum track, good instrumental where you do not try to put too much of it and prevent cluttering the song. good examples are the piano part and the solo part. I also like the voice tonality variation between the 2 stars with some high pitch hooooo hoos. I thought the syncopation in the "It's all about perception" was pretty cool

Marc

michelew

Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Marc, you've absolutely made my day! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: thank you!

I'm especially glad to read your comments about the piano and the syncopation. As it happens one of the songs we're developing right now is rich in both. I think my decades of listening to Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Aretha and other great soul, jazz, blues (etc.) artists has been burned into my neural pathways. I find myself gravitating towards those cool sounds. Maybe that's why I'm struggling with the whole happy song thing. :)

I love your comment about the instrumental stuff being at the right level too. We're both conscious about letting the track breathe too. David has done a fantastic job with the noodles. :)

Thanks for your sweet comments. They always make me smile.

Corina - I think I understand what you're asking for. :) but as David says.... Most of our songs to date are love related. :)

Well 50% of the songs we're focusing on at the moment are NOT about love; an anti-hero story. The other is very cute and written by TZZ's romantic in residence (it's a big house :D ) :)

Shel

TGNesh

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:28 am

Happy songs are overrated. :P :)

crieniecat

Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Shel and David... as always looking forward to your brilliant compositions... Love them all! :kiss:

....To Love or not to Love....
That's the question ;) B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic