Busking Two Finger

buddy

Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Here is a rendition of Yesterday in the original two finger style. Daryl and Chris inspired me to learn this song with their collaboration, thanks for the inspiration ! Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

crieniecat

Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Wow! Really impressive version of Yesterday. Very well sung and played.
I very much like your vibrato and voice. Keep 'em coming :)

Corina.

jayswett

Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:43 pm

Well done, Buddy. That song suits you very well.

dekotaj

Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:01 am

BRAVOOOO!!!!!!!

That was great buddy.Loved it. had to watch it a couple of times.Your best to date.
Your set up looks and sounds great. If I had not been so set on buying my Martin.I would have picked a Gibson. Very nice looking and sounding guitar.

Kevin

buddy

Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:04 pm

crieniecat wrote:
Wow! Really impressive version of Yesterday. Very well sung and played.
I very much like your vibrato and voice. Keep 'em coming :)

Corina.
Hi Corina, Thanks for such kind and uplifting comments. They mean a lot coming from someone with such a lovely voice. Bud

wrsomers

Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:19 am

Very well done Buddy. Your guitar part was great. Singing was very good too.

If I may impose, I'd like to comment on something I noticed you do while singing, which is something that I am trying to master as well. It has to do with the tongue. I've been studying voice technique and have learned that tongue tension or lack thereof, has a strong influence on vocal quality. The experts say one should relax the tongue by extending and flattening (relaxing) it. Watch your video where you get to the last syllable of yesterday. You'll see your tongue pulled back and rounded. Doing that causes one's voice to move from the throat to the nasal cavity while at the same time the vocal chords tense up. I've been working hard on tongue relaxation (there's an oxymoron for you); it's not easy to do.

Here's a link to YouTube which shows Idina Menzel singing "Frozen" At 3:51 and 5:29 you can clearly see her using the flattened tongue technique.

Don't get me wrong, I think your voice is great and powerful. For myself, I appreciate any help other singers can give to me.

Keep playing, singing and busking.

Bill

BobR

Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:49 pm

Hi Buddy,

Very well played and your vocal sounds really nice too. I always enjoy your posts.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

Lavallee

Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Very nice one Buddy, good balance of quality playing and singing

Marc

willem

Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:10 am

wrsomers wrote:
Very well done Buddy. Your guitar part was great. Singing was very good too.

If I may impose, I'd like to comment on something I noticed you do while singing, which is something that I am trying to master as well. It has to do with the tongue. I've been studying voice technique and have learned that tongue tension or lack thereof, has a strong influence on vocal quality. The experts say one should relax the tongue by extending and flattening (relaxing) it. Watch your video where you get to the last syllable of yesterday. You'll see your tongue pulled back and rounded. Doing that causes one's voice to move from the throat to the nasal cavity while at the same time the vocal chords tense up. I've been working hard on tongue relaxation (there's an oxymoron for you); it's not easy to do.

Here's a link to YouTube which shows Idina Menzel singing "Frozen" At 3:51 and 5:29 you can clearly see her using the flattened tongue technique.

Don't get me wrong, I think your voice is great and powerful. For myself, I appreciate any help other singers can give to me.

Keep playing, singing and busking.

Bill

hi Bill, the net (youtube) is full of good singin advice and exercises, the exercises make you look funny and strange but the result of training makes also for the voice a muscle memorie, I don't
claim anything for my! Singin voice but an exercise on onsets is very good and very important cos you always start with a good qualty tone..

Willem

buddy

Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Hi Bill, Thanks for the comments and suggestions on this tune. I believe you are correct about keeping your tongue down and flat when singing in the chest voice. It is my understanding however that when singing in head voice that the tongue should be lifted in order to maintain the correct tone and resonance in the voice cavity. You will notice that as I move into the higher notes for this song that I move from my chest voice to my head voice and then I change my tongue position. Anyways, it is always good to get input and I appreciate the feedback. Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic