Collaboration: Give me a sign (The emoji song) - The Time Zone Zombies

davidrfinn99165

Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:43 am

Wow, i love the emoji typewriter... now i know what i want for xmas !!

:) :) :)

sandysue

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:56 pm

Hi David and Shel

What a great song, you two are so creative. I think this one is my favorite now. :)

Sandy

michelew

Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:26 pm

daryl wrote:
Just fantastic! Perfection. Loved the guitar work. Loved the rhythm. Loved the melody and backing vocals and the lyrics. How many tracks in total (and how many just for the backing vocals at the end)? Great work!
Daryl, 13 tracks, 6 vocal tracks at the end. :) you need a few to make a small choir. :)

Gosh I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments on this. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

I think this is also my favourite song so far. It's definitely been a lot of fun to be involved in, especially since we had a great excuse to avoid doing the video thing which as we all know....SUCKS. David did such a GREAT job with all of his pre-video recordings, especially the vocals which I just LOVE, :kiss: that it would have been a bit silly to redo it just for the video and risk losing the energy. B) :P :woohoo:

Thanks again.

Shel

thereshopeyet

Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:51 pm

My favourite to Michele, Davidl !

Sorry no Gold at the end of a rainbow !
:laugh: :laugh:
:woohoo:

michelew

Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:04 am

Waving the white flag eh Dermot?!? I'll take that to mean that we made you smile too and that BAAAAaaaaaaaD means it's so bad it's good; just like a really good 'Dad joke'. B) ;) :P

It's great to hear that this song chases Mr Scrooge away (from Neil) and I'm assuming for you too. :) I think we'll call that mission accomplished' for the happy song challenge.

M :P

thereshopeyet

Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:38 am

Michelle Wrote:
I'll take that to mean that we made you smile too and that BAAAAaaaaaaaD means it's so bad it's good;
Image Image

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ohmy:
[right]
Image[/right]

michelew

Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:01 am

Dead Good! Phew! We'll take it. :)

And being a man of images, you might want to colour in the space between the Ls in Michelle in future (or just put one in). My mum named me after the Beatles song, but....she couldn't spell... It's Michele with one L. Just saying. :) :P or Shel, also 1 L.

Happy Song challenge officially met - tick - Yeh! :woohoo: :). - Way to go David - Mr Song-writer! :)

Lavallee

Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:53 am

Sorry to be late, but it is a really fun song. David, you are a composing machine, I bet you do not sit quiet during social meetings. I went to Harrods (at a few times (my friend was the financial director for a while). When you say : we have whatever you want, It is almost true. Great guitar strumming and finger picking again.

I also love Shel's choir and all the backing voices. I noticed you call your drum machine Parker. Is it related to Lady Penelope`s chauffeur in the Thunderbirds series?

By the way I am the artistic agent of the counter bell at 2;45 and I do not see any recognition in the credits at the end. I will have to send you a copy of the contract.

Great song great emojis

Marc

michelew

Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:30 am

"Composing machine", good one Marc! Very apt description. :)

Thunderbirds are go! Gosh take me back to being a kid. :) well that may be where Parker gets his name from. His parents may have been a Thunderbirds fan. He's one of our GarageBand drummers and a real person who recorded a bunch of tracks that GarageBand emulates. It's very cool. Although of course it's not the same as having a real drummer who can change the drumming to suit what's happenign in the song. Ness! We need your sweet skills. :)

The bell - haha! Yes I didn't credit that one for sure. Though I'm more worried about being sued for using the images. :) maybe we should get the rights thing happening before we use it as the backdrop to a stadium concert. :) :) :silly: :woohoo:

Glad you liked it Marc. :) thanks

Shel

crieniecat

Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:58 am

Shel and David, serious request here from, well... HELLO, it's me, I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet...
Ooops, sorry got carried away a little, tried to get tickets for the concert of Adele, butttttt.... nope.

As I was saying, serious request to you guys, will your album have a bonus track and I mean like all the other big stars do, a Christmas bonus track?
David's remark about finally knowing what he wants for Christmas triggered me.
So? What will it be? A song a la Wham- Last Christmas? Or more like Chris Rea- Driving home for Christmas or or or....
know what? I'm hoping for another fantastic original TZZ song...
I mean all we need for that is a little bit of rain in England... what are the chances on that?! ;) :P :lol: (sorry David :kiss: )

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain
Corina ;)

ps. LOVE your new pink hairstyle :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic