Busking SOUND OF SILENCE

buddy

Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Here is a gritty, dark and moody rendition of The Sound of Silence. I have always loved this song and I played it on the Gibson. Any and all feedback to help move it along is always appreciated. Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:48 pm

I love the sound of silence, :laugh: B)

maybe a more breathy vocal?

I like your tryout..

w.

thereshopeyet

Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:49 pm

Hey Buddy

Great Rendition ..... :)

I can't hear anything , but that must be the silence :ohmy:

Dermot

crieniecat

Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:55 am

Hi Bud,

I must say a few things here.

You have turned this rendition of Sound of Silence into a very unique and personal song.
At this point I can truly say I would recognize your singing voice any where, same as Chris's voice, it is very unique.

You have a very nice timbre.
It started out calm and then you brought up the tension in the song, which clearly shows me you are able to put emotion into what you are singing.
And you did! I found myself having goosebumps at several moments during the song. So you connected. And that's a gift.

This is a very difficult song to sing, but you pulled it off and made it highly enjoyable to listen to.
And any tiny imperfection, to me, just made the song more perfect.

Thank you for this Sunday morning treat,
Corina.

davidrfinn99165

Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi Buddy.. i really like the way you have rearranged the song to suit your style, including the guitar part. I don't think i've seen it played kicking off in F#m before (at least not without a capo).. good stuff !
david

buddy

Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:37 am

willem wrote:

I like your tryout..

w.
Hi Willem, Thanks for the input on this. Could you give me more detail on what you meant by "breathy vocal" ?

Thanks, Bud

willem

Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:45 am

buddy wrote:
willem wrote:

I like your tryout..

w.
Hi Willem, Thanks for the input on this. Could you give me more detail on what you meant by "breathy vocal" ?

Thanks, Bud
lighter, and I think with more supporting air,, you can hear it a bit when you listen to Garfunkel,I hear a light breathy sound by him.

edit: [strike]breathy[/strike] = airy (sorry)

buddy

Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:57 am

Hi Corina, Thanks very much for the comments on this rendition of this classic song. It felt a little risky to change the song so much so it is really encouraging to get your feedback on it. Really happy about the goosebumps as I was hoping to convey the emotion of the words and the story of this song. Bud

MarkM

Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:17 am

Well done Buddy!! Thanks for sharing.

Mark

dekotaj

Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Bravo!! Buddy

I enjoyed your take on and old classic.The dark side of the force.ha ha.

Good job on hitting those bass note on the beat. It sounded like it got a little to full on the top end stuff for the mood you were going for.Just my two cents.

Thanks for sharing
kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic