Busking Simon & Garfunkel - Boxer

wrsomers

Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:26 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

daryl

Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:46 pm

Absolutely wonderful! But you must explain. (Please)

TGNesh

Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:50 pm

That was really great Bill, it all sounds fantastic again! No less. You always pick songs which fit your vocals just perfectly. Also a great solution of the high part in the 'chorus'-part (I take it that it was a bit too high to sing?), works really well.

Ness

P.S. The teasing Nessa in me can't resist: Why didn't you use a phonebook to sit on? I can't see your picking hand!!! :laugh: :laugh: Absolutely joking here, (like you did with me) but I just couldn't resist to tease you a little back. :P :laugh:

wrsomers

Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:57 pm

daryl wrote:
Explain what?

wrsomers

Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:59 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
That was really great Bill, it all sounds fantastic again! No less. You always pick songs which fit your vocals just perfectly. Also a great solution of the high part in the 'chorus'-part (I take it that it was a bit too high to sing?), works really well.

Ness

P.S. The teasing Nessa in me can't resist: Why didn't you use a phonebook to sit on? I can't see your picking hand!!! :laugh: :laugh: Absolutely joking here, (like you did with me) but I just couldn't resist to tease you a little back. :P :laugh:
Ness,
I'm rolling on the floor laughing! :laugh: I love to be teased back. Thanks for your praise. You're right, I can't hit that high note in the chorus.

Bill

willem

Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:34 pm

Wow Bill,, la la la,

i sure enjoyed it, there are so many great songs to learn, to many.

w.

daryl

Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:35 pm

wrsomers wrote:
daryl wrote:
Explain what?
The harmonies!

Either you can sing multiple pitches simultaneously (a very impressive trick) or you have some "magic" going on.

wrsomers

Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:16 pm

daryl wrote:
wrsomers wrote:
daryl wrote:
Explain what?
The harmonies!

Either you can sing multiple pitches simultaneously (a very impressive trick) or you have some "magic" going on.
Daryl,
I've got some electronic magic: TC Helicon Play Acoustic pedal. It adds harmonies that you pick (one high harmony, 2 voices high and low or two high, etc). It listens to the chords your guitar plays and adds the right harmony. Really a cool device. Check it out:

Bill

michelew

Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:33 pm

I really enjoyed that Bill. Your picking was especially nice; very fluid, crisp. Gosh that's a nice sounding and looking guitar.

I haven't been playing guitar much recently. This post makes me feel like doing just that

Very nice.

Michele

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:56 pm

Great job all round Bill! Loved the chorus vocals and thanks for the gen on that, sounds like a great toy to play with. It works magic with your voice on this song. So, let me see, Santa needs to bring a looper, an E-guitar and now a Helicon PLay Acoustic gizmo.... I'll have to stop watching TG vids before it ruins me! :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic