Busking Simon & Garfunkel - Boxer

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:17 pm

I always add that verse too, its the Central Park concert version.

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Good stuff Bill, as everyone has said really good sound all round .

I'm delighted to hear the 'extra' verse too... ie 'Now the years are rolling by me...'. One for the cognoscenti :)

sandysue

Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi Bill

I couldn't sing the chorus in the key of C very well either because it was too high for me too, so Neil helped me transpose it into the key of G. It sounds great in that key and is much easier to sing. Neil changed the into so that it sounds the same but is in the key of G. Just a thought. :)

Sandy

davidrfinn99165

Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:47 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Haha, yep me too ..

I first heard the extra verse on the Live Rhymin' album.. but the boys were also playing it as far back as their fall 1969 concerts, after the Boxer single but before the BOTW album was released. Which makes me suspect that it was written at the same time as the rest of the song, but dropped to make room for the instrumental break on the studio version we all know......hmm, was that Paul or Artie's idea i wonder ????

/ david

wrsomers

Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:31 am

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Haha, yep me too ..

I first heard the extra verse on the Live Rhymin' album.. but the boys were also playing it as far back as their fall 1969 concerts, after the Boxer single but before the BOTW album was released. Which makes me suspect that it was written at the same time as the rest of the song, but dropped to make room for the instrumental break on the studio version we all know......hmm, was that Paul or Artie's idea i wonder ????

/ david

I'll bet it was the idea of Roy Halee, the producer.

Bill

BobR

Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi Bill,

I enjoyed that very much. The harmonies are really cool.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

dekotaj

Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Bravo Bill!!!

I no its going to be a good one when I see you posting. Another home run.

Thanks for posting

Kevin

Lavallee

Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:23 pm

Another good one Bill. I am curious as to where your picking hand is positioned. It seems to be between the bridge and the hole. Because your leaning to the right , maybe? Not that it maters, really. Great playing ans singing.

Marc

wrsomers

Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:05 pm

Thanks Bob, Kevin and Marc! Marc, you're correct, my right hand is between the bridge and the sound hole.

Bill

trix606

Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:04 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Great job all round Bill! Loved the chorus vocals and thanks for the gen on that, sounds like a great toy to play with. It works magic with your voice on this song. So, let me see, Santa needs to bring a looper, an E-guitar and now a Helicon PLay Acoustic gizmo.... I'll have to stop watching TG vids before it ruins me! :laugh:

If Santa brings you an E-guitar, convince him to bring you a VoiceLive 3 instead of the Play Acoustic.
You can play electric or acoustic guitar through it, it has the harmonies and then some of the Play Acoustic, and... a three track looper.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/en/products/voicelive-3/

I picked one up a couple of months ago and have been having a lot of fun with it. It's great for practice.

Great playing on this Bill! Thanks for putting this up.

wrsomers

Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:37 am

Thanks Trix. I considered the Voice Live 3 but got the Play Acoustic instead because of its ability to enhance an acoustic electric guitar (body res).

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic