Busking Simon and Garfunkel - Song For Asking

wrsomers

Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:36 pm

This is dedicated to Corina because she asked for a S&G song. Couldn't think of a more appropriate song title.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

sandysue

Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:43 pm

Wow Bill you have such a nice voice, beautiful job on this really pretty S&G song. I haven't actually ever heard this song before but I really like it.

Sandy

daryl

Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:01 pm

I don't know this song either. But you sure played and sang it nicely. Nice sound.

willem

Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:23 pm

A little neat song that is, enjoyed it..

do you know Neil Young's " sail away"? Mm just asking!

Willem

crieniecat

Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:13 pm

What a great way to start this new year with a dedicated song.
I feel very spoiled now, thank you Bill!

It is a lovely tune and yes you brought a smile to my face.
You have a warm voice that suits this song perfect and you play the guitar wonderful and smooth as always.

I didn't know this song either, I do now have it engraved in my memory

Hope this new year will bring you kindness and friendship to begin with. :)
Corina.

wrsomers

Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:25 pm

Sandy, Daryl - Thank you again. This song is the last cut on S&G's Bridge Over Troubled Water album. Daryl, you might be interested to know that for this song, I have the new Martin Retro Monel strings on my D28. At first I wasn't sure that I liked them, but now I love them. Such a warm sound and they are so easy to play and bend.

Willem - I looked up "Sail Away". I really like it and will learn it (harmonica and all).

Corina - You're welcome! I'm happy "I made you smile"

Best wishes to you all for a happy and healthy new year!

Bill

davidrfinn99165

Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:27 pm

Well played Bill !!

I've always loved this song, a personal favourite. I like the way it bookends (haha) the Bridge album in a quiet way with a small and perfectly formed performance by Paul to set agst Artie's glorious singing on the opener.

Great handling of the guitar run in the intro and at the end of the verses as well !

daryl

Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:04 pm

Bill, Thanks for the Retro Monel video. Intriguing. In your opinion how do the highs and lows compare to the other strings you've used? How often do you normally change your strings? I'm curious as to how long the Monels will last on your guitar.

Rbinding

Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:12 pm

Very nice, Bill. I haven't heard that song in many years, and really enjoyed your performance. Your voice and guitar have such a warm sound. Well done.

Ron

Rbinding

Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:13 pm

Very nice, Bill. I haven't heard that song in many years, and really enjoyed your performance. Your voice and guitar have such a warm sound. Well done.

Ron

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic