Debut album: The Time Zone Zombies - Zomb Zomb Zoom

michelew

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:36 pm

Thanks guys!

Willem - thanks for the advice

Tom - glad you liked it. Haha! I think Jason will be just fine. :)

Cori - you're the absolute sweetest! I couldn't have hoped for a better series of responses. Send me your email address (PM me) and the link to the Dropbox folder is yours. :) thank you. :) :) :) :) :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

BTW - I'm confident that you either already have the skills to do this and/or you could develop them if it's what you'd really like to do. You and Krista would make a killer album I'm sure. Go for it. It's just time.

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:14 am

Just listened to the whole album....and all before 8 AM (must be the jet lag!) and I think Mr Teflon is my favourite with When coming in a close second. There are so many good things to be said about the whole project from start to finish as others have pointed out. For those of us who have been able to follow the developments in real time, its been an inspiration and education. You have made it much easier for all of us to create our own songs as we have learned from you both.

I really enjoyed watching the two of you inspire and push one another, ever expanding your comport zones. So my hat is off to you (now that I have one :-)) and I look forward to all of the cascade effects it has on you and the rest of us at TG!

familyman4

Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:01 pm

It has been a lot of fun watching the hard work and energy that went into this project. (Or series of projects) Thank you both for letting us ride along!

Bart

michelew

Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Rbinding wrote:
Michele and David,

You guys really rock!! I am blown away at what you have put together in such a short time! I don't know how many people are on TG, but I think we are all impressed and a little jealous. Many of us would love to write and perform songs, and even beyond our dreams, put together an album. You actually did it! It has been a privilege to be able to watch you put this together in real time on the site. Thanks for sharing this experience and process with us. It's been one of the true highlights of TG this year.

Ron
Ron I'm just returning to your comment, which I've read many times now. Each time it's really touched me. I know David feels the same way. Thanks so much for being so sweet to us.

I also wanted to say that if you have any desire to write songs and record them and one day collect them into an album, you just need to make a start. I truely believe that this sort of thing is within the grasp of lots of people in the TG community. I've seen fabulous playing, singing, songwriting skills displayed on the forum. In terms of the technical stuff; well I've learned it over a period of time while doing projects that I've posted on the forum. I've used GarageBand and iMovie to produce the tracks and videos. They are very user friendly programs and it's easy to get started. You just need to invest the time to become familiar with them.

I hope that others in the community will give it a go. I know there are songs out there just waiting to be set free. :)

Shel

michelew

Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:57 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Just listened to the whole album....and all before 8 AM (must be the jet lag!) and I think Mr Teflon is my favourite with When coming in a close second. There are so many good things to be said about the whole project from start to finish as others have pointed out. For those of us who have been able to follow the developments in real time, its been an inspiration and education. You have made it much easier for all of us to create our own songs as we have learned from you both.

I really enjoyed watching the two of you inspire and push one another, ever expanding your comport zones. So my hat is off to you (now that I have one :-)) and I look forward to all of the cascade effects it has on you and the rest of us at TG!
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Thanks Chris. Hos that's all so wonderful to read. I'm a little speechless...

I too hope to see others 'pick up the gauntlet', or perhaps ' pick up the baton and run with it' is a better and more musical mixed metaphor. :) :). That includes you Chris. It would be GREAT to see you and Ale doing something like this too. It's huge fun. :)

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Shel

michelew

Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:00 pm

familyman4 wrote:
It has been a lot of fun watching the hard work and energy that went into this project. (Or series of projects) Thank you both for letting us ride along!

Bart
Thanks Bart. This project has been a lot of fun BECAUSE we've been able to share our progress with people who love music.

Thanks!

crieniecat

Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:33 am

Dear Michele and David, Time Zone Zombies!!!!

I know, I'm late to the party (yes we hooked up on Facebook, but still..) time wasn't on my side for a while.
Still, I am so happy to witness the birth of your first album! Thanks for the dropbox link.
I will ask someone to make it into a CD for me, with the cover to go with it of course B)

What can I say? At first, yes I was speechless and overwhelmed and inspired and and and when the first song came out on TG...
And I so much agree with what all other TG-ers have said already about your album!

Yes Cori, all that and fantastic design for the T-shirts and posters. Where can I place my order?

Now back to the other facts, you two are:

"incrediblyfantasticsensationalinspiringintelligentwittygeniuscontroversialsharpmindedoriginalcollaborativemovingheartfeltlovingpersons!"

Having said all that, a huge thank you for letting us in on this and for me to be allowed to have this No.1 class seat on this "Never Ending TZZ Train Ride".
And it has been a heck of a trainride, wooohooo!! :woohoo:

Your fan since day 1
Corina :kiss: :kiss:

p.s. Yes Tom, you are right. Mr. Jason Mirazzzzz(how do I spell this dudes name again? ;) must be biting off some of his nails by now.... hahahhaha!

davidrfinn99165

Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi Corina.. Thank you so much , our first fan whose enthusiasm has continued to inspire us since the very first song !!! :) :) :)

Michele and I are talking in outline terms about our plans for another album somehow by the end of 2016...and we both agree that the dutchies are deffo gonna be a performing part of it this time !!!

..and yey, I loved Cori's artwork too !! :) :) :) :)
Rock'n'roll !!

/ David

michelew

Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:16 pm

Corina! You continue to put a big smile on my face. I just LOVE your enthusiasm. We really couldn't ask for a more devoted fan.

You lift us up. To steal a line from Bette. "You are the wind beneath our wings". :)

Thanks sweet woman.

:kiss: :kiss:

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic