Debut album: The Time Zone Zombies - Zomb Zomb Zoom

michelew

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:27 am

Well the moment has come when David and I reveal the fruits of our crazy journey over the last five and a bit months in the form of an album; entitled Zomb Zomb Zoom. :)

We posted our first collaboration at the end of July 2015; The Other Side of the Wall. We chose a band name (as suggested by Corina) in August sometime at which point we became the Time Zone Zombies. ;) We posted our latest song on 1 January 2016; Goat Grazing / Whispering Grass. Somewhere in between we somehow developed ten original songs and a couple of demos (so make it 12 original songs); and videos to prove it was really us. ;)

Somewhere along the line the process for coming up with new song ideas became a little interactive. So thank you for your challenges and requests - more cowbell, a happy song and a Christmas song were added to the mix.

Jason Mraz says you need to write 100 songs before you get a good one. So... 12 down right?! :) ;) I definitely feel like I've learned a lot. I'm also more and more conscious of how much more I'd like to learn. But it's sure been fun.

A huge thanks to everyone who cheered us along. It's been very motivating. The preview will give you a stroll down memory lane if you've been travelling with us, or might contain a few surprises if you haven't. It's been a fun ride.

Zomb Zomb Zoom - tracks
1. Perception
2. When
3. A spool of thread
4. My father's hat
5. Give me a sign (Emoji song)
6. Low road blues
7. Northern town
8. The other side of the wall
9. Mr Teflon
10. Goat grazing / Whispering grass (Mean goat)

11. Demo: Bad hair day
12. Demo: Christmas wrap (Christmas I know / Silent Night)

Here are the videos themselves in album order. For those of you that are not logged in and can only see link text, I've managed to make them appear on page 2 of this thread, but for some reason I can't make it work here. Sorry. You need to either log in or go to page 2 to see the embedded videos. Thanks again.

Zomb Zomb Zoom - videos

1. Perception

2. When

3. A spool of thread

4. My father's hat

5. Give me a sign (Emoji song)

6. Low road blues

7. Northern town

8. The other side of the wall

9. Mr Teflon

10. Goat grazing / Whispering grass

11. Demo: Bad hair day

12. Demo: Christmas wrap - Christmas I Know / Silent Night

If you'd actually like a copy of the album (or a specific track) PM me and I'll send you the link(s) to the Dropbox folder where they can be downloaded.

Thanks again for all of your support.

Michele and David ( aka Time Zone Zombies :) :) :) )

jayswett

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:58 am

Great summary/highlight video. I have enjoyed watching your journey and the fruits of your labor. My favorite song? Northern Town, but a close second is Mr. Teflon.

thereshopeyet

Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:39 am

Your Atomic TZZ's !!!!!

Great stuff.

Dermot

TGNesh

Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:24 am

WOW!!!!! :ohmy: :cheer:

I'll be back! B)

daryl

Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:16 pm

So how cool is that? Way cool!

So very very impressed. I love how the songs are so varied. You guys have a definite talent. Keep 'em comin'.

kelemenj

Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:18 pm

Awesome!
You are an inspiration to us all!! Well I guess I can't speak for everyone but you are definitely an inspiration to me!

Congratulations,
John

Craig

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:06 pm

Congratulations you two! That is quite an accomplishment. I'm very happy for both of you!

Craig

sandysue

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:27 pm

David and Shel

Wow, you two are awesome. What a huge undertaking, from writing and performing the songs to having the electronic prowess to be able to create and produce and actual album without even the benefit of direct collaboration. That's huge. I'm so impressed. When can we buy your first album. :(

Sandy

willem

Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:06 pm

An first album and so quick , I like them all. It is a first milestone, congrats you both

What did you both learn?

lookin forward for more..looking also forward to the TTZZ unplugged album B)

Willem

PS: hey Cori,, congrats with your toddler..

BobR

Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:09 pm

Wow this is really cool. I have heard all of these as they came out so now I need to set aside some listening time for the whole album.

Great job all around Michele and David :) :) :woohoo: :woohoo:

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic