Busking James Taylor - Carolina In My Mind

wrsomers

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:25 am

Daryl - Thank you. Your comment about my playing is made all the more flattering because of my admiration for your guitar skills.

Lynn - Thank you..."polished"... :) :) :)

Bob, Willem - I do have fun with these uploads

David - Thank you. I have been working on "You Can Close Your Eyes" not quite ready with it yet. I have a few more JT songs I want to do...September Grass, Never Die Young, Shower The People, You've Got A Friend...so many songs, so little time :) See my comments to Michele below regarding the TZZ album.

Michele - Sometimes I do wake up with these songs on my mind. As I said above, there are so many good songs to cover. I'd love to do more Jackson Browne songs. They are tough to sing but so good, especially the lyrics. I'm working on "In The Shape Of A Heart" now. A song with very touching and tragic lyrics about his first wife who died from a drug overdose. Thanks for listening/watching. I always appreciate your comments. I haven't finished listening to the whole TZZ album yet, but when I do, you'll hear from me.

Ness - Thank you, and I'm very glad you enjoyed it. No I wasn't looking at the lyrics :). I find it hard to look at the camera, self conscious I guess. If I had as pretty a smile as yours, maybe I would be more comfortable doing it ;) ;) . I'll try harder to do that more.

Corina - I have been working on a CD of my songs to give to my two daughters. Once it's done I would be happy to publish it here. I wouldn't post videos with the audio for several reasons...to much work, overly large data files, to name a few. Maybe one photo montage to go along with the music. I'm not actually sure about how I would post something like that on TG. Maybe Michele could help me with that.

Bill

wrsomers

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:29 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Another fine job Bill! I'd rather listen to your versions than JT as I find there is more, how shall I call it?, character in your voice than JT's.
Thank you Chris. Yeah I'm a character alright :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bill

Craig

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:38 pm

Bill,

Great job on both JT songs. You may have said before but I can't remember, do you perform publicly? Do open-mics? I would think you could put together a pretty impressive set list. If I were sitting in a bar and you were playing the songs we've seen you upload, I would definitely sit and listen.

Craig

michelew

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:34 pm

wrsomers wrote:

Corina - I have been working on a CD of my songs to give to my two daughters. Once it's done I would be happy to publish it here. I wouldn't post videos with the audio for several reasons...to much work, overly large data files, to name a few. Maybe one photo montage to go along with the music. I'm not actually sure about how I would post something like that on TG. Maybe Michele could help me with that.

Bill
Bill I'd be happy to help. I use iMovie for my montages. If you use it, I'm happy to give you a set of instructions. If you use a Windows/PC-based video editor I'm afraid I'll be of no use to you. In terms of file size, i use Dropbox to share big files. There are a range of other options. Other community members may be able to help you with better suggestions.

I uploaded the videos to YouTube and then posted links to them both here on TG and on my Facebook page. I used photo montages where we hadn't made videos of ourselves. I did it for a couple of reasons; because it's visually more interesting and fun; and because you need an actual video for YouTube, you can't just post audio files. However, there are audio file sharing sites... I have a lot to learn about the options. Again others may be able to point you in the right direction there.

Great idea. :) you've put a lot of work into recording your uploads so nicely, you and your family will have them close at hand and preserved once you've finished the project

PM me if you've got any specific questions. Cheers.

M

fjeanmur

Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:07 am

Wow Bill! What a nice job. You made it look so easy. That was really fun to listen to. Thanks for sharing that.

wrsomers

Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:04 am

Craig - Thank you. You did ask me about playing out before. I used to and plan to do it again. I just found a place that has a weekly open mike night and will be performing there soon.

Michele - Thanks for the advice. As you may recall, I am PC based so I'll be using a Windows compatible video editor. I have Wondershare Filmora. I have done a one song video using still shots before so I should be able to pull it off. I'll also look into Dropbox. Again, thanks for reaching out.

Jean - Thank you. The "making it look easy" part comes from Neil's instructions regarding practice. I find it amazing that one can sit down and practice a song, have trouble getting it, then come back at another time to find that you now have "muscle memory" and can play what you struggled with the day before.

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:50 am

Soundcloud is a good place to park audio files Bill... you should check it out...

Rbinding

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:28 pm

Bill,

Another great performance. I really do enjoy your playing and voice. Nice song selections too. James Taylor really suits your playing! Thanks for sharing these with us.

Ron

wrsomers

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:49 am

Thanks Ron.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic