Busking Tuesday Afternoon with my new Godin Session e-guitar

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:12 pm

Happiness is a warm guitar! My first electrified upload. With the guitar turned down decently low with slight reverb and chorus but otherwise clean.... saving the dirty stuff for when I have everything under better control! Was fun to fit in with a backing track as I have always found it hard to stay in time but I did manage this reasonably... a bum chord or two but I'm happy for a first try out. Hope you like.

Godin Session E-guitar, Roland C6O amp, Sony HDR MV1 camera, recorded live, one take.

daryl

Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:42 pm

Great upload Chris. The Godin fits you nicely. Though I thought its sound level was a bit too low (or maybe the backing track was a bit too loud). Anyway, nicely played and sung.

A question for you though....have you ever tried to play the G chord as 320004 during the F-C-G part? Your 2nd and 3rd fingers are almost right there when you are playing the C chord. And it would be easier to get back to the F chord that way too. I know one can't teach on old dog new tricks but I was just wondering if you ever tried playing the G chord that way.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks Daryl, and thanks for tuning in!

Yeah, I really like the Godin (Godess as Corina tells me is the Dutch translation). Yes I can do the G in the manner you describe.... just as easily as the way I was doing it, yeah, its quicker the way you mention... must remember to do that next time. Old, new trick, no problem :-).

I could have upped the volume a little on the guitar but I was concentrating on fitting in with the "band" so I turned it down a bit... safety, you may not have noticed one really bum chord! :-)

auntlynnie

Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:31 pm

Wow, Chris,
That was fantastic!
I have always loved that song and you nailed it.
What is an e-guitar?
Lynn

wrsomers

Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Oh Yeah! That's what I'm talkin' about! Best Moody Blues covers on TG or YouTube. You really do justice to their songs. Perfect voice for these songs. I liked the backing and the new Godin. Did I see some facial hair sprouting there? Are you trying to go back to my generation? (Woodstock Nation). Loved it! Thanks for the show.

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Many thanks Lynn, thanks for tuning in. An E-Guitar is an electric guitar as opposed to an acoustic guitar.

Many thanks Bill, that's a compliment indeed coming from the master of recent posts! Much appreciated!
Yeah, facial hair (as John Lennon said, it just grows!), trying to act my age at last! Thanks for listening.

sbutler

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Wow Chris, this is good stuff. And we can all say "we knew him back then"

jayswett

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:19 pm

Those electric guitars are alot of fun to play. No question. It definitely suits you.

sandysue

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:50 pm

That was excellent Chris. Your voice sounds great and so does your new E-guitar

Sandy

michelew

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:39 pm

Sounds good Chris. Your vocals are especially great for this song.

I too would love to hear your guitar more next time. I was having a little trouble working out what was you and what was the backing track.

I'd love to hear you getting dirty too if you get into that frame of mind. :) :)

Keep them coming. :)

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic