Busking Tuesday Afternoon with my new Godin Session e-guitar

familyman4

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:53 pm

Hey Chris,

You sang that song beautifully. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Bart

Craig

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:20 pm

Chris,

Wonderful job all the way around! I'm happy for you having so much fun with your new toy! Looking forward to more electronic stuff from you!!

Craig

Lavallee

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:31 am

You are doing well with your new axe Chris. Excellent singing of course.

Electric guitar is a lot of fun too, this is what I do these days as well. You need to make it sound louder, come out of your comfort zone. It is fun.

Looking forward to your next one

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:33 am

Many thanks for listening and commenting Scott, Jay, Sandy, Michel, Bart, Craig and Mark.

Yes, keeping well inside my comfort zone, of course, it takes a lot to coax me out of it! On the video I can't hear my guitar as well as I could in the room, so, I definitely need to turn it up. This just kinda happened as I was trying out songs with a backing track where I could add vocals and guitar to see how it works out, so, not really one where I can showcase the guitar... not that I am yet at a stage where I could do that too well. I am working on The Shadows' Wonderful Land And Blue Oyster Cult's Don't Fear The Reaper which is fun and the first foot-switch is here (Flashback delay). I find playing the electric easier than an acoustic but the spacing of strings is tighter and I find myself up at fret 18 for the first time, so that's a bit fiddlier! Also I find I can't really look too much at the guitar as I am playing standing up (with my eye-sight, I can't see enough anyway) so I am having to feel my way around the neck much more. All in all, great fun and new motivation! I will post more as it happens.

Oh, and my sister says, "try and look as if you're enjoying yourself!!"
Hmmm, gotta work on my guitar faces, as Willam said!

TGNesh

Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:44 am

Awesome Chris, you sound great!

Can't wait to try out your new guitar! :cheer: ;)

So what effects do you have? Do you have pedals, or do you have effects on your amp?

Ness

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:55 am

Thanks Ness! I have a delay pedal and on the amp there is reverb and chorus. Need to get drive and distortion! Also need to find out why the battery in the delay pedal becomes instantly flat after only an hour or so! Left it plugged in but everything off first time. Second battery I unplugged from amp but left plugged to guitar but everything off, still killed the battery straight off! Yep, looking forward to you trying it out!! :silly:

MarkM

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:46 am

Chris, Chris Chris........

Just wonderful. I've always said that if I could just have a shred of your vocal talent I'd be a happy man. You always do these so well. Congrats on the new guitar. You look like a natural. Keep them coming.

Mark

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:04 pm

Many thanks Mark..too kind! Will do my best! :lol:

Yamaha48

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:19 pm

Chris thanks for upload this videi.
Sounds great,and you good voice to sing the song.
Godin is from the same compeney as Seagull??.
And what a nice place you live my friend.

Cheers Anton

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:27 pm

Many thanks Anton!

Yes Robert Godin is also known for other brands which include the acoustic guitar lines: Seagull, Simon & Patrick, Norman and LaPatrie.
So I have a Godin and a Seagull in the house.... good olde Canadian guitars!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic